Rear pause help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear pause help

Am going back tonight to see jim Donnelly for my second time first time a went jim had me potting long blues he told me my timing was just out so he said to put a small pause on back swing before a releasing cue on final delivery not had much time to practise cause off work and family but wen a have bein playing Mach games richy the doctor told me to say the name off the ball a was going for to help with a pause wat do most people do for a pause?:snooker:

Say da on the front pause da da on the back pause and deliver .

Comment

Have you read 'The Inner Game of Golf' by any chance Neil??
      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
        Am going back tonight to see jim Donnelly for my second time first time a went jim had me potting long blues he told me my timing was just out so he said to put a small pause on back swing before a releasing cue on final delivery not had much time to practise cause off work and family but wen a have bein playing Mach games richy the doctor told me to say the name off the ball a was going for to help with a pause wat do most people do for a pause?:snooker:
        Out of interest what does it cost an hour?

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
        Hey buddy, would this book kill two birds with one stone so to speak? I play golf as well so it could be beneficial if its any good..?
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          Say da on the front pause da da on the back pause and deliver .
          Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZviYmTMpBXE

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
            Out of interest what does it cost an hour?

Hey buddy, would this book kill two birds with one stone so to speak? I play golf as well so it could be beneficial if its any good..?
            Pm sent bout price mate

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
              No muck , something similar but cant remember the name of it .

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                looool was expecting a snooker coaching video about the rear pause ah ha
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                  Instead of trying specifically to pause artificially I just slow the final back swing and delivery down. This could mess with your timing however so give it a go but keep that in mind. If you slow down the transition from pulling the cue back, to pushing it forward, then you will naturally "pause" there for a little while.

So, what I try to do is make the backswing into an action where I accelerate until I'm 1/2 way back, then decelerate to stop at the full back position. Then the delivery is a nice slow acceleration right through the ball.

This might seem like a lot to think about, and it would be if you actually tried to think about it every time you did it. Instead, just think about it for 5-10 mins as you practice it and try to "internalise" how it feels when you do it right. Then, practice for 5-10 mins trying to replicate that feeling.
                  "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                  - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                    No muck , something similar but cant remember the name of it .
                    O'I see well definitely same line of thinking then.......

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                    Alright bud..... Hell yeah I would say so mate, its a very interesting read well worth a look for sure.
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                    X