My first ever practice video clips... FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by topcoach147max View Post
    A good cue Mantra to develop this further is .

1. find the line of aim
    2. drop down on the SAME line of aim.
    3. deliver the cue along the Same line of aim.

Next time you miss a pot ,it is because of one of the point above.

In Summary ,you need to visit a Coach ,you also have other technical faults that needs work, (grip,level cueing,body movement and positition,cue action,)

Happy Playing
    Apart from that everything's perfect lol:friendly_wink:
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by topcoach147max View Post
      HI SIDD,
      You need to work on your line of aim ,you are doing a common fault.you need to find the line of aim from your standing positition,point the cue along it ,then move forward onto the shot with no head movement if possible. Have a look at your video one ,long blues, your cue is point to the wall as you get down on the shot,so this means your are trying to find the line of aim while on the shot,witch is very in -consistant.
      A good cue Mantra to develop this further is .
      1. find the line of aim
      2. drop down on the SAME line of aim.
      3. deliver the cue along the Same line of aim.

Next time you miss a pot ,it is because of one of the point above.

In Summary ,you need to visit a Coach ,you also have other technical faults that needs work, (grip,level cueing,body movement and positition,cue action,)

Happy Playing
      Thank you sir for your kind comments. This is indeed very important and very correctly pointed out as well. However, since I have changed my setup a little recently I try to get my cue on the line while getting down i.e. half way down and try not to come in to the shot from the side, which i used to do. Most of your comments are about the line of aim and this makes me ask this from you guys;

When I aim this is what I normally do. Stand behind the shot, figure out the BOB or the spot which needs to be hit for the pot, then keep my eyes nose locked on it and go down looking at it then preliminary pause feather front pause eyes locked on BOB at this point slow backswing back pause and delivery.....

However, while getting down on the shot or moving in to the shot I do not figure out the LINE of aim I just figure out the spot to be hit BOB and keep my concentration focused on that and get down that way... is this ok cuz i have been doing this even during my 40-50-60 breaks or should i stand back find out bob then stretch imaginary line of aim from BOb to cb and then try to get down on that line. I used to think that if I get the correct bob reference and get down on it I am actually getting down on the line and hence i pot.... but do i really have to see the BOB and from that contact point stretch a line backwads towards the CB and then try to get down on that line.... would that help or further confuse things for me ??????????????
      "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

I do expect you to have the 15reds routine done within a week.

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
        Now you are talkin

It's amazing to note how you guessed I am a person who would not take positive motivation but go after anything with negative motivation, which is what you just did right Oh yes sir I shall be posting that video (clearing all reds with black/pink/blue) pretty soon indeed inshAllah. Thanks for challenging me like that; I can feel the adrenaline right now... Oh I am on it !!!
        Last edited by j6uk; 28 June 2013, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Sure thing. I havent been able to and play in the last week. Been busy with some domestic obligations. Will do so as soon as I go again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post

When I aim this is what I normally do. Stand behind the shot, figure out the BOB or the spot which needs to be hit for the pot, then keep my eyes nose locked on it and go down looking at it then preliminary pause feather front pause eyes locked on BOB at this point slow backswing back pause and delivery.....

However, while getting down on the shot or moving in to the shot I do not figure out the LINE of aim I just figure out the spot to be hit BOB and keep my concentration focused on that and get down that way... is this ok cuz i have been doing this even during my 40-50-60 breaks or should i stand back find out bob then stretch imaginary line of aim from BOb to cb and then try to get down on that line.
            Do what you normally do Sidd. That imaginary line has been worked out already by your subconscious because of your pre shot routine of standing behind the shot (cue ball) and looking at BOB.
            The cue ball is in your periphery vision as you get down into your stance with your eyes on BOB, the brain knows and even remembers where it is so you don't have to consciously think about it.
            Don't think just look.

Comment

All the typing has been done and the talking is over. The people who know have spoken here on tsf. No time to waist, you know what you need to do sid.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                All the typing has been done and the talking is over. The people who know have spoken here on tsf. No time to waist, you know what you need to do sid.
                Exactly... and I am on it. Will upload another video as well soon.

Guess what, last night I went in for a few frames... In one of the frames I won the frame by a score of 110... Not any breaks but took two blacks and safety then 4 blacks and safety then again two blacks and safety... Meaning 64 in three shots snooker seems so easy when you are in the flow.. On last red my score was 83 do I challenged my opponent that he has to stop me from scoring 100 from this point onwards and we bet a can of coke on that I have never ever enjoyed a can of coke like the way I did last night

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  Do what you normally do Sidd. That imaginary line has been worked out already by your subconscious because of your pre shot routine of standing behind the shot (cue ball) and looking at BOB.
                  The cue ball is in your periphery vision as you get down into your stance with your eyes on BOB, the brain knows and even remembers where it is so you don't have to consciously think about it.
                  Don't think just look.
                  Thanks for the reassurance... Great !

Comment

Working...
                  X