Turns Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns Hand

If you watch this video and move it on to 16min 55sec when he goes to pot the brown, you will see his hand turn as he draws the cue back, is this the normal way as i have seen my friend do this and he is a great snooker player, i never do this and was wondering if it was one of the things i was doing wrong, why does he turn his hand?.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYcav4mFFB8

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here! I can't see any turn in his hand . He just releases his fingers off the cue as you should.
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

If you look closely you can see him twist the cue slightly. I think it's because the flat wasn't in the right place for him so he just adjusted it down on the shot

Comment

I didn't see a hand turn (or really a wrist turn) at all but I did see him releasing his back fingers as one should. If there was a turn it was a very small one and he had his sleeve covering the wrist so I couldn't see anything.

As long as a player is able to coordinate his delivery to get the cue back to the EXACT address position he can do almost anything although that extra coordination is easier for younger players so it's always a good idea to get any extra movement out of your cue action before it becomes too difficult to correct. I believe this is what happened to Hendry with his extra sideways elbow movement on both the backswing and delivery and why he faded so fast. Alex Higgins also had a lot to coordinate and correct and he wasn't able to do that later in his career.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

That's just the cue pivoting between the thumb and first finger in the eye of the so called grip as he opens and closes the back of the hand, . Good player joe.

Comment

Originally Posted by tommy_boi View Post
            If you watch this video and move it on to 16min 55sec when he goes to pot the brown, you will see his hand turn as he draws the cue back, is this the normal way as i have seen my friend do this and he is a great snooker player, i never do this and was wondering if it was one of the things i was doing wrong, why does he turn his hand?.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYcav4mFFB8
            FYI.. you can add &t= and the time in minutes and seconds to any youtube link, i.e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYcav4mFFB8&t=16m50s
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

..yeah crap shot on the brown

Comment

Working...
              X