No announcement yet.

Practise practise how much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some good tips for practise from master yoda: http://www.terrygriffithssnooker.com...eparation.aspx

Comment

You can have a terrible looking action but if that white ball is on a bit of string it doesn't really matter you can still play to the highest standard...look at big Tony Drago a joy to watch amongst the balls. I confused myself so bad when I could actually play snooker at my best (making 4-5 tons a week) trying to make my action look great I would say it never looked bad but I wanted it to be as smooth as ROS. The most important part of snooker is feel. The amount of young wanabe players I see with robotic technique drummed into them from day one never got any feel to "float the ball in" everything has to be cued with authority rather than touch and subtle traces of side which is why ROS makes it look so easy.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
        avoid playing against those who take frequent smoke breaks outside. That drives me absolutely insane...
        this irritates me too, almost after every frame smokers going out to smoke, we also have some bingo players who are more interested in that and will leave mid game when it starts .... drives me nuts
        Last edited by alabadi; 5 September 2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Totally with you on this mate. Can't get my head around rolling up behind colours in practice. It's not like that shot requires much skill or practice; just hit it gently and roll up.
          i will only roll up behind a baulk colour when there is no value in potting one, so for instance i pot the only loose red and end up stuck behind the baulk line with not much angle to smash into the pack. potting one gains me nothing but a few points.

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
            this irritates me too, almost after every frame smokers going out to smoke, we also have some bingo players who are more interested in that and will leave mid game when it starts .... drives me nuts
            it is still acceptable smoking outside though is really irritating to play with... but in some places like Malaysia, they allow smoking during the play. first it blurs my visions, second it makes me breathe with difficulty, thirdly it makes me a second smoker that and cost me 10++ years of my valuable age, and lastly for god sake these smoker don't feel ashamed of themselves for not being gentlemen to their opponent who doesn't smoke.

Comment

My brother went to Cambodia and was playing snooker in a large snooker hall.

For US$10 you get an hours snooker, a free pack of smokes and a free 6-pack of beer and a woman to score and re-spot the balls. He said people smoke over the tables and shirts are definitely optional.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

i like the woman bit. i think china halls also have this option.

Comment

yes but if i had 6 beers in one hour she wouldnt have much to re-spot

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    My brother went to Cambodia and was playing snooker in a large snooker hall.

For US$10 you get an hours snooker, a free pack of smokes and a free 6-pack of beer and a woman to score and re-spot the balls. He said people smoke over the tables and shirts are definitely optional.

for some reason - totally unknown to me why but - when I first read this, I read it as "skirts", not shirts
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I can't play with players who buy a pint every 2 games

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        I can't play with players who buy a pint every 2 games
                        I think i undrstnd... if he is so tight with his beer, he must be really tight with his game in more ways then one??
                        "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                          yes but if i had 6 beers in one hour she wouldnt have much to re-spot
                          lol.......

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                            mine is 5 units of one hour. 15 min cue action, 30 min positional play (2 routines) and 15 minutes safety. plus i do 5 minutes warmup before i start. i have found that i can keep concentration high for one hour practise and than make a long break or continue the next time i am at the club.
                            I did all that you mentioned and recently I have added snooker, snooker escape and also awkward shots like cue ball hampered by other ball or cue ball sticks to the cushion.

Comment

Working...
                            X