shoulder aching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder aching.

why is it that my left shoulder become so painful after my game. its the deltoid muscle that is aching. is my stance wrong?

what is the common mistake to this problem?

shoulder aching.

can you post a piccy of your stance?
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

it comes down to tension. are you a gym guy? you playing after a work out?

Comment

I sometimes experience the same- I play with quite a straight and rigid bridge arm which is thrust out in line with the line of the shot rather than bent . Nothing wrong with this style of play....Just need to relax and not place undue tension on the bridge arm.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
          why is it that my left shoulder become so painful after my game. its the deltoid muscle that is aching. is my stance wrong?

what is the common mistake to this problem?
          It's more complicated then you think. Firstly, if you go to the gym, you are probably doing the benchpress wrong and likely doing more chest than you should. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTSq_jACWQ

Second, if you are an office/computer worker, or student, you probably have kyphosis whereby your shoulders are rolled forward. It's a common problem in the post-industrial world with nearly everyone having posture issues from sitting. When we worked on farms, it wasn't an issue as our entire body was properly exercised. Also, being a snooker player, your left shoulder will get worse over time if you don't take the time to understand the underlying muscle fatigue and imbalances. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0HfwE9ivg

Regarding stance, it CAN inflame the shoulder even further as everything is connected. The so-called IDEAL stance for snooker minimizes a lot of inherent issues but it isn't for everyone. Post a video, that's the best way to get real feedback.
          Last edited by thelongbomber; 15 April 2014, 08:43 AM.
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

IN order to analyse this problem correctly either a photo of you in the address position or a short video of you in the address position which would be even better.

Basically you have tension in your set-up for some reason. To find the tension get into the address position, close your eyes, and hold the address position for a minimum of 2 minutes and see where the tension is. Then relax and get back up and then get into the address position again with your eyes closed and shuffle things around a bit with the eyes closed until you find release from the tension. Unfortunately you have to hold the address position for a couple of minutes after each adjustment to see if you have removed that tension.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
              It's more complicated then you think. Firstly, if you go to the gym, you are probably doing the benchpress wrong and likely doing more chest than you should. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTSq_jACWQ

Second, if you are an office/computer worker, or student, you probably have kyphosis whereby your shoulders are rolled forward. It's a common problem in the post-industrial world with nearly everyone having posture issues from sitting. When we worked on farms, it wasn't an issue as our entire body was properly exercised. Also, being a snooker player, your left shoulder will get worse over time if you don't take the time to understand the underlying muscle fatigue and imbalances. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0HfwE9ivg

Regarding stance, it CAN inflame the shoulder even further as everything is connected. The so-called IDEAL stance for snooker minimizes a lot of inherent issues but it isn't for everyone. Post a video, that's the best way to get real feedback.
              think the video kinda work a bit. i went to message my shoulder,neck and back, it seems to go away. but for awhile.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                IN order to analyse this problem correctly either a photo of you in the address position or a short video of you in the address position which would be even better.

Basically you have tension in your set-up for some reason. To find the tension get into the address position, close your eyes, and hold the address position for a minimum of 2 minutes and see where the tension is. Then relax and get back up and then get into the address position again with your eyes closed and shuffle things around a bit with the eyes closed until you find release from the tension. Unfortunately you have to hold the address position for a couple of minutes after each adjustment to see if you have removed that tension.

Terry
                i will try get a picture this weekend. 4 pictures from 4 sides. is that ok?

speaking about tension, i think i am placing a lot of my body weight on my left arm. when i am playing from the cushion with my plam on the rail, my left hand shivers. one thing some of the people pointed out to me is my right arm is kinda straight and my bridge is very far.

i tried to stand closer with more bend in my arm but couldnt get use to it. could it be the problem with that?

Comment

The bend should be achieved by sliding into the shot, not standing closer.

By sliding into the shot, you place less tension on the deltoid.

If you stand closer you're most likely compensating by "sitting in" on the legs more, which in turn will cause you pain in the straight in future

Comment

transfer that weight/tension to your feet, support and free the cue arm and, cue from the elbow and the eye of the hand..
                    pm me for details

Comment

I had this problem. After a few hrs of practice I'd go home & I'd be in agony. The cause of this was only having my bridge on the table. I needed to support my shoulder with my forearm also. So I have Nic Barrow to thank for that

Comment

Working...
                      X