Do you play for options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play for options

Listening to Ronnie on his show speaking bout options when he plays he said he never new he did it and when he tried it he found he struggled. What do most of you play for ?

You would be daft not to play for options, obviously you can't always, but if the situation presents itself it is the wise move

Comment

Yes agree if you can play for them it's the right way

Comment

Two comments from his video stuck with me:

1. Keep your margins of error as low as possible
        2. Play for options when possible.

Obviously, as you get fewer and fewer reds, your options are reduced. See this also which I just posted:http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ad.php?t=49671 which includes video analysis of a 62 break
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Yes, always. You can play for area, several balls, or even several pockets.
          This has been taught since forever and has been repeated in commentary thousands of times. It is nothing new.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
            Yes, always. You can play for area, several balls, or even several pockets.
            This has been taught since forever and has been repeated in commentary thousands of times. It is nothing new.
            And yet there are plenty of people who believe the pros are so good that they play for and get inch perfect position every time.

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
              Listening to Ronnie on his show speaking bout options when he plays he said he never new he did it and when he tried it he found he struggled. What do most of you play for ?
              I thought he said he never played to be on position to a specific ball. He always played to get position in a area. When he tried to play to get position on a specific ball whilst break building his game fell apart.
              So really, I think he was always playing for options.

Comment

as has been said above, I play for an area on the table that gives me options.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Play the simple shots well... That's the difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X