X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know, i remember doing it myself as a junior

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
      Haha.. ya, well unfortunately it's unwritten, but if it was in the rulebook, I suppose I could call a foul on HIM if he doesn't respot the balls and take an extra 4 points each time
      Don't take much notice of some of the posters on here because your doing well, LB. And you have the balls to post yourself playing, credit to you for that.

Yes, your opponent should spot the balls and count your break so you can hear it, good for rhythm. Even in practice I can barely count my own breaks.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
        Don't take much notice of some of the posters on here because your doing well, LB. And you have the balls to post yourself playing, credit to you for that.

Yes, your opponent should spot the balls and count your break so you can hear it, good for rhythm. Even in practice I can barely count my own breaks.
        Hehe.. thanks m8. The forum has proved to be a great resource - even with all the drama - so I'm not afraid in the least bit to share.
        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
          Happy to do this - PM me with times that are good for you and we will make a Skype date
          Awesome! I'm sending you a PM now.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
            Watching it, I also made that realization. It's the funniest thing though about leaving balls on. My m8s laugh at me because I'm what they call a "duck shooter". That is I take all the easy ducks. I think it's old habits from a time when I was just a raw potter and nothing else. My potting and cue ball control is much more refined now, but my shot selection still haunts me.
            i take it you have the duck shooter and long bomber as your nic names right? any more?
            i think its great what your doing with all your activity on tsf and i'm sure you have other ambitions to where you want to take this so, you must keep it up.
            i would ask in regards to your video, are you getting the response you hoped for? what other areas in break building would you like to explore?

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              i take it you have the duck shooter and long bomber as your nic names right? any more?
              i think its great what your doing with all your activity on tsf and i'm sure you have other ambitions to where you want to take this so, you must keep it up.
              i would ask in regards to your video, are you getting the response you hoped for? what other areas in break building would you like to explore?
              I really like this response J6UK. The forum at its very best that we need even more of :snooker:
              On Cue Facebook Page
              Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
              Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                Hehe.. no duck shooter isn't my nick. Just LB. I do have ambitions yes. Namely to understand breakbuilding better so I can score more centuries. I have one but it's on the 5x10. My highest on a 6x12 is 80-something and 120+ in practice. I suppose, like any snooker enthusiast, I have wet dreams of competing at the pro level but honestly, I'm pretty far from that reality at the moment.

In regards to the video, most definitely I have gotten more than I anticipated. My primary aim was just to share my experience with anyone that cared to learn and wanted help in their own game. I intend to share more videos and breaks as my understanding develops. Stu has offered to spend some time with me which is absolutely wonderful as well.

Seeing the feedback, it seems I have some practice areas to focus on which I wasn't previously aware of. So that alone has been a benefit.

I believe that my shot selection is poor right now because my shot range and capabilities are lacking. At least that's how I see the game: the more shots and cue action control we develop, the greater our awareness of positional possibilities are.

Comment

I also think that breakbuilding is general is very well understood by century runners, but it's rarely coached in complete form. There are tutorials about what do for increasing breaks, and there are many books that touch on the subject, but very few resources for truly understanding the art and science of breakbuilding as well as the mental approach and thought process. With others, I would like to create that resource. I think video with commentary will do that so hope that others share so that we can develop a rich resource for other aspiring players.

Comment

I believe that my shot selection is poor right now because my shot range and capabilities are lacking. At least that's how I see the game: the more shots and cue action control we develop, the greater our awareness of positional possibilities are.
                    I think you have more shot making skill than you realise. I doubt very much there are any shots you can't play, you perhaps just fail to recognise situations where simple positional routes occur.

You mentioned that the local standard isn't that high... This will be why. You learn most from playing better players and seeing the ways they go about clearing the balls... You can spot it to an extent on the telly but it really is different in the flesh from the angle of life.

I also think that breakbuilding is general is very well understood by century runners, but it's rarely coached in complete form.
                    I don't believe it can be coached. You have to learn by doing and watching... It doesn't translate from page or mouth.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      That's why it's best to play better players than yourself, you get a tidier table and hence more chances to achieve a bigger break (if you can get in that is)
                      Aye. What he said..

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                        Aye. What he said..
                        Lol, don't tire yourself out now Inoff.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                        X