practice set up for 20 odd break player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practice set up for 20 odd break player

what are the practice routine for a 20 odd break player that can help to break the barrier to improve to a 30 odd break player?

i am now practicing the line up. but thought i should add some more rountine

You could just try scattering the balls in pottable positions and start where you like, potting them in any order, gives you a bit of confidence potting a lot of balls on one go. When you get better at it, you can start playing for a particular ball rather than where you end up

Comment

my first thought is
      http://fergalobrien.ie/practice.html
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

And your second?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          You could just try scattering the balls in pottable positions and start where you like, potting them in any order, gives you a bit of confidence potting a lot of balls on one go. When you get better at it, you can start playing for a particular ball rather than where you end up
          this would be my second

Comment

Pot some blacks off the spot, if you're only making 20 breaks I'm guessing your black ball potting isn't consistant - just 8 pots around the black and you're a 30 man, practise that I'd say.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Old cue collector --
            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

What are you scoring on the line up?, what about the fifteen reds between black and blue, this would be better IMO .
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If someone's only making 20 breaks, then they're not going to be making much if any better in the line up, and that's not the kind of practise they need.
                At that level it's learn the basics, cueing through the ball etc that people need to do before they can progress. You can come up with all the fancy routines you like, but they're no good unless you're doing the basics well and if you're not making more than 20s then I'd guess you're not doing the basics?
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  If someone's only making 20 breaks, then they're not going to be making much if any better in the line up, and that's not the kind of practise they need.
                  At that level it's learn the basics, cueing through the ball etc that people need to do before they can progress. You can come up with all the fancy routines you like, but they're no good unless you're doing the basics well and if you're not making more than 20s then I'd guess you're not doing the basics?
                  all true
                  a line up for such a player can be negative to their game due to the cue ball control required.
                  cueball control and cue delivery is what is needed to be practiced IMO
                  Last edited by DeanH; 20 September 2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    What are you scoring on the line up?, what about the fifteen reds between black and blue, this would be better IMO .
                    I vote for this as well. A very good routine.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                      Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      I vote for this as well. A very good routine.
                      I would say for cue ball control practice single ball will gain better results like black or pink or blue off the spot
                      then start adding some reds and progress

Comment

Rather than trying to complete the full lineup, try just say 4 or 5 reds between the pink and black.

Or the Stephen Hendry technique of starting with one red and a black, then two reds and a black, then three reds and the black, etc, etc. Keep going until you miss. Then start again.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

I once did a 36 on the line up. I thought the line is a good practice for positional play and cueing? As it requires concentration. The line up do give me some sort of improvement in cue ball control.

I agree my basic is not there. Have been experimenting new stance, cue delivery speed and grip. So far the outcome is good and i can see some improvement during game.

I have the random ball in my practice routine but it is only for the first 20 or 30 mins of the practice.

I guess i could go for the stephen hendry way.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I would say for cue ball control practice single ball will gain better results like black or pink or blue off the spot
                            then start adding some reds and progress
                            I used to do this on the black spot. I could get like 8 out of 10 on both sides into the corner pockets. The blue spot to the middle pocket both sides i would do it everytime before the start of my practice. I take it as warm up.

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              Rather than trying to complete the full lineup, try just say 4 or 5 reds between the pink and black.

Or the Stephen Hendry technique of starting with one red and a black, then two reds and a black, then three reds and the black, etc, etc. Keep going until you miss. Then start again.
                              Go and watch this fellas videos ,he will show you your stance and grip etc, then it's just practice.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X