Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should J6 post a video up to prove he's as good as he says Poll..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh he can play no doubt. if i could lose thirty years i'd go down to that smoke and tan his rear, fancy boxers and all

Comment

Anyone who knows snooker can tell from the execution of that shot that he is a top cueist

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
        Anyone who knows snooker can tell from the execution of that shot that he is a top cueist
        Agreed but very strange video to say the least,he had the angle what I can see to split the pack and didn't and didn't let the video finish

Comment

One, that's not an easy shot by a long way.
          Two, it's not about missing the pack, it's how it's cued, and that is very nicely done indeed.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Agreed but very strange video to say the least,he had the angle what I can see to split the pack and didn't and didn't let the video finish
            This vid has been up before. I think he was trying to recreate a shot TD had in the Canadians. TD refused the pot and played safe. J6 was trying to show it was possible to pot and split the pack. I think it was agreed a bit lower on the white and it was on.

Comment

This vid has been up before. I think he was trying to recreate a shot TD had in the Canadians. TD refused the pot and played safe. J6 was trying to show it was possible to pot and split the pack. I think it was agreed a bit lower on the white and it was on.
              Its not rocket science to open that pack, he had a nice angle, could of dug into the white and screwed back into them, instead of rolling on and running out of position.
              Blown away

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I think we should put the whole discussion to rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                  Its not rocket science to open that pack, he had a nice angle, could of dug into the white and screwed back into them, instead of rolling on and running out of position.
                  When this was first discussed on the other thread, that's the shot I thought we were talking about, (and I'm not saying this to cause an argument just for technical info, and for some coaching info if you like) but I don't think the screw shot is the better option, getting any pace on to the White screwing into the pack seems quite difficult to me, is it?, and digging down is a much harder shot than the shot played especially at the pace needed, with all the risk of a wee bit of side being put on the cue ball, I know videos are maybe a touchy subject just now but if someone could do this shot on a slow club table(as this is the original conditions the shot was played) I would like to see it, as I say just for my own knowledge, I did go and try the shot the way it was played and after many attempts eventually got the hang of it, but didn't often land on much even after hitting the reds, but my table is really really slow.

Comment

a lot of views on this thread so i thought i would take a second to post mine especially on the basis that i am not affiliated with anyone.

to be honest i couldnt care less if anyone can knock in centuries or pot a single ball it means nothing to me personally but i guess we all dont share the same view, however i think this thread is border line bullying. the video that is posted certainly shows an individual who has held a cue for a while and in my opinion an individual who has a very good cue action which is half the battle of rattling in big breaks, i would happily take advice from him.

Comment

Originally Posted by goku View Post
                      a lot of views on this thread so i thought i would take a second to post mine especially on the basis that i am not affiliated with anyone.

to be honest i couldnt care less if anyone can knock in centuries or pot a single ball it means nothing to me personally but i guess we all dont share the same view, however i think this thread is border line bullying. the video that is posted certainly shows an individual who has held a cue for a while and in my opinion an individual who has a very good cue action which is half the battle of rattling in big breaks, i would happily take advice from him.
                      Sorry i dont think you've got the gist of this thread no one bullies old j read through it again and point out where that occures

Comment

It wouldn't have mattered.

The way I see it, there are only two ways for anyone to show his true level.
                        1. Go to a tough pro-am tournament.
                        2. Play a long money match against a known tough player, not necessarily a pro.

Everything else is just pure speculation, even with videos posted.

Comment

J6 is Jimmy White, that's why he is so reluctant to upload anything...
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I think J6 should post a video of him in his underpants.

He seems to talk the talk regarding these so called "jeep" underpants, but I'm not so sure myself. I think he could be a Kevin Klein man myself. And without the video we can't be sure.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              When this was first discussed on the other thread, that's the shot I thought we were talking about, (and I'm not saying this to cause an argument just for technical info, and for some coaching info if you like) but I don't think the screw shot is the better option, getting any pace on to the White screwing into the pack seems quite difficult to me, is it?, and digging down is a much harder shot than the shot played especially at the pace needed, with all the risk of a wee bit of side being put on the cue ball, I know videos are maybe a touchy subject just now but if someone could do this shot on a slow club table(as this is the original conditions the shot was played) I would like to see it, as I say just for my own knowledge, I did go and try the shot the way it was played and after many attempts eventually got the hang of it, but didn't often land on much even after hitting the reds, but my table is really really slow.
                              Dont take this the wrong way but you have a high break of 36 so to me that suggests you get 12/ 20 breaks on average and your trying to school others on the shot come on.

Comment

Not trying to school anyone, I'm asking what would be the best way to play it, is screwing back to split them better than the shot played, as I said on the other thread I thought that was the shot that was being discussed not the shot j6 put up so it interested me to see that better players see different shots. Fair question I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X