Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should J6 post a video up to prove he's as good as he says Poll..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    like it.. you nip down the local and repeat that shot i did and i'll think about it
    funny thing I'll go down the range and set up me camera and film myself hitting golf balls for a hour go home stick me on my swing analyser no problem but the thought of doing it in the local flea pit makes me feel uneasy, feel a right berk, might have to break in at night

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      @J6,,, speaking about that shot !!!, (nice cueing,,btw). may I ask what kind of table is that?? Mach table??
      I ask this, because I see that the ball rolls by quite well.. It usually dos'nt happens on the club table. they are very slow !!!!
      if it was a match table you couldn't get me off it, with or without me crutches. no, it was a crap not looked after and never ironed club table. i was just lucky and timed the shat okayish, maybe that camera angle made it look good.
      if you tie the ball nice its easy enough to move the ball around on a club table. the problem is when you get used to playing on them, switching to a nice match table is like jumping onto an ice rink with your shoos on

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
        Why would I be upset? You say it as you see it
        imp,, is normal. Sometimes we say som and we're not agree with each other. and we get upset. That can happens to anyone.
        that's what I thought,
        Thanks anyway. I appreciate it

Comment

Well, this is a forum golferson,, people say of all kind of things ( me too ). Sometimes they laugh each other out and sometimes.............
          Personally I will appreciate it when someone says something here, also mantion : this advice comes not from me or I heard it from a coach.
          But as far as my concerns is, good advice is good advice.
          Anyway, is just my opinion Bud,, and please,, no need to be upset with me to sayin this. I have nothing against you. Your business is your business,,
          You got a point Ramon. I think people on here are getting a bit touchy when it comes to who said what. When my 4 year old granddaughter asks me a maths question, I don't feel the need to start my answer of with; " Well, according to Einstein..."

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
            funny thing I'll go down the range and set up me camera and film myself hitting golf balls for a hour go home stick me on my swing analyser no problem but the thought of doing it in the local flea pit makes me feel uneasy, feel a right berk, might have to break in at night
            you'll be alright and it wouldn't take a sec after you've warmed up. just get someone to stand to the side of you and hold the camera.
            that fella that did that for me was his phone, couldn't do it on mine iv still got a windup phone that barely takes grainy pics

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              if it was a match table you couldn't get me off it, with or without me crutches. no, it was a crap not looked after and never ironed club table. i was just lucky and timed the shat okayish, maybe that camera angle made it look good.
              if you tie the ball nice its easy enough to move the ball around on a club table. the problem is when you get used to playing on them, switching to a nice match table is like jumping onto an ice rink with your shoos on

lol,,you're right about that one. takes some time before you are used to it on the mach table.!!!!!!!!!!!

In this case, (as I said), the cueing is good.
              Because the club tables are slow. Especially with SCRW back shots. Is a disaster. You have to hit the ball well (not hard, but well), to get some action.
              Nice cueing.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                You got a point Ramon. I think people on here are getting a bit touchy when it comes to who said what. When my 4 year old granddaughter asks me a maths question, I don't feel the need to start my answer of with; " Well, according to Einstein..."
                If you like it that way, I have no problems with that, rimmer !!!
                I read it anyway.
                As I said, a good advice is a good advice.
                I read it and hopefully I learn something !!!

Comment

If you like it that way, I have no problems with that, rimmer !!!
                  I read it anyway.
                  As I said, a good advice is a good advice.
                  I read it and hopefully I learn something !!!
                  Well said. Good advice sometimes comes from the most unlikely sources.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                    Well said. Good advice sometimes comes from the most unlikely sources.
                    Well, here on the coach section, usually J6, Vmax, Terry giveing their opinions. Also other members.
                    personally, I appreciate it.
                    whether is their opinion , OR other members. we can always read it and decide for ourselves. We can try it at least. If that doesn't work for you, then don't do it. I mean, lats face it, no one has forced us to do what other people are saying here.
                    have a good night man. thx for the rplay.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                      Well, here on the coach section, usually J6, Vmax, Terry giveing their opinions. Also other members.
                      personally, I appreciate it.
                      whether is their opinion , OR other members. we can always read it and decide for ourselves. We can try it at least. If that doesn't work for you, then don't do it. I mean, lats face it, no one has forced us to do what other people are saying here.
                      have a good night man. thx for the rplay.
                      Again, well said. Couldn't agree more. Good night bud

Comment

• Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                        Everyone has something to offer, but I can't agree that a laymen (that can't play the game) is qualified to give sound advice or coach others to a high level. Results matter in snooker. If you can't make a tonne (or any other benchmark you care to insert), you shouldn't be teaching others how to make one.
                        I disagree with this, a coach doesn't show anyone to make a ton, and i think a lot of coaches can't make a ton either all they do is teach or coach on technique issues, its upto the player to put these together in order to make high breaks

yes they will know how to play and while coaching they can demonstrate shot execution, but that doesn't mean they have to demonstrate a 100 break in order for the student to make one, after all a 100 break is two 50 breaks or three 30+ breaks.

the problem is putting them together, holding ones nerve, staying calm, all these situations is where a coach earns his money helping the player with the mental side rather than just the break building because we all know the pros can play better than their coaches so the coach then is their to help the player with other aspects of his game
                        Last edited by alabadi; 10 October 2014, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                          I disagree with this, a coach doesn't show anyone to make a ton, and i think a lot of coaches can't make a ton either all they do is teach or coach on technique issues, its upto the player to put these together in order to make high breaks

yes they will know how to play and while coaching they can demonstrate shot execution, but that doesn't mean they have to demonstrate a 100 break in order for the student to make one, after all a 100 break is two 50 breaks or three 30+ breaks.

the problem is putting them together, holding ones nerve, staying calm, all these situations is where a coach earns his money helping the player with the mental side rather than just the break building because we all know the pros can play better than their coaches so the coach then is their to help the player with other aspects of his game
                          I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, but here I am

I really don't think that someone who isn't capable of making 100, could teach someone else how to do it. How could they?

A 100 break may just be two 50+ breaks back to back, but this is where shot choice is incredibly important. There's a difference between making the odd 50 break once in a while, and being a consistent 50 break player. So again, how could someone who isn't of that standard, start explaining to someone learning, how to do it?

Also, it's possible with a pretty weak technique that you'll be able to make the odd 50 break, but I think it's very unlikely that you'll manage a century.

I think a lot of people on here can show people the basics. They could talk to your average club banger and give him or her a few pointers to make him or her a much better player with more consistency. But I absolutely do not think that you could get somebody to 100 break standard unless you were at that standard yourself.

A good technique is not just looking aesthetically pleasing, it's how you actually strike the ball.
                          Last edited by tedisbill; 11 October 2014, 12:13 AM.
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, but here I am

I really don't think that someone who isn't capable of making 100, could teach someone else how to do it. How could they?

A 100 break may just be two 50+ breaks back to back, but this is where shot choice is incredibly important. There's a difference between making the odd 50 break once in a while, and being a consistent 50 break player. So again, how could someone who isn't of that standard, start explaining to someone learning, how to do it?
                            again i disagree, i don't see the correlation between a coach who can make 100 and one that can't are (who hasn't being able to) teach someone to do it.

a coach will have enough knowledge and experience to know what shot is the best to take on to continue a break, the fact he might not be able to make a 100 in his playing career could be due to other factors , like technique , cueball control, splits when breaking up the pack or clusters, might not be bothered and most of all luck .

a good coach will know what is the best shot for a certain situation and this has no relation to how many tons he's made.

sometimes players can miss out on making a ton through bad luck, a kick or just a lack of concentration and may be nothing to do with shot selection.

Comment

• you can not be serious with this post, you had a few cans last night right?

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                              again i disagree, i don't see the correlation between a coach who can make 100 and one that can't are (who hasn't being able to) teach someone to do it.

a coach will have enough knowledge and experience to know what shot is the best to take on to continue a break, the fact he might not be able to make a 100 in his playing career could be due to other factors , like technique , cueball control, splits when breaking up the pack or clusters, might not be bothered and most of all luck .

a good coach will know what is the best shot for a certain situation and this has no relation to how many tons he's made.

sometimes players can miss out on making a ton through bad luck, a kick or just a lack of concentration and may be nothing to do with shot selection.
                              Last edited by j6uk; 11 October 2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Seems to be a common theme running through this thread, namely players of a lower standard say you can be coached by someone who isn't of a high standard, and players who are of a higher standard say you can't. How can you impart knowledge if you aren't in possession of it yourself. The art of ball running is subtle and may not be obvious to some people, it's something you have learned through experience. The notion you can be coached by someone who is of a lowly standard is frankly absurd. I played snooker for six years before a century came and still didn't feel I was a good player but when they started to become more frequent I realised that there's a game within a game little flicks here where to put the white on safeties if you don't possess it how can you impart it.

Comment

Working...
                                X