Frank Sandell Coaching Worthing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Sandell Coaching Worthing

Just wanted to say I had a great afternoon of coaching and snooker nostalgia with Frank in Worthing.(franksandellcuesport.co.uk)

I wanted a lesson as my game just would not improve and put that down to my stance and my approach and wanted someone with experience to assess and advise. I have achieved a 39 break in practice and a 38 in a match and have played in both a scratch and handicapped snooker league, however in recent times I have been lucky to get double digits.

There is much debate over these forums regarding coaching, the older experienced players with high breaks will say you need practice and offset the cost of a coach with table time etc, however in the two and half hours my game has improved and I am now practicing better and I am more confident in my shot selection and style but more importantly I am cueing through the ball better and have taken lots of points for further development when I practice.

So yes this is a bit of advertising for Frank who some will know on this forum, he is experienced in the world of snooker and has coached many people of all abilities, and his fees are very reasonable and I was happy to do the 6 hour round trip and will be going again end of November for a frame as he has a cue that I may have to inform Santa about :-)

so glad you had a great time, hope to hear soon of big breaks from you
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Did you get a chance to check out all his memorabilia?

I would love a chance to see that!

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Hi there, yes the memorabilia was amazing from old billiards cues to bespoke historic rests! Dominic Dale was there recently as he is bit of snooker historian himself, but the passion of Frank and enthusiasm for the sport was brilliant.

I'm hoping the big breaks will come but I'm just happy that I now have the foundations to work on as I was getting frustrated at missing basic shots but now I'm lining up, sighting and relaxing my cue action.

Comment

anyone ho does a six hour trip to look for there potential can have me. i did the same thing, i went almost all around england looking for it.
          your on the right track, next thing to calculate is the hours you can put in and the sparing you can get.
          don't play to55ers because they'll only bring you down

Comment

There aren't many decent coaches around kent. Without naming names, there are a couple in London/Essex boarders but for some it's a job against a timer in a snooker club while this was an afternoon of snooker, having a cuppa with someone so prominent in the game, having tuition on a great table that even the great Ronnie O'Sullivan has played on!

Where did you go j6uk? Has your game improved?
            Last edited by tariq; 17 October 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

no doubt rons had a knock on this fellas table, but i';m happy to give you the few more good names that operate in essex
              Originally Posted by tariq View Post
              There aren't many decent coaches around kent, without naming names there are a couple in London/Essex boarders but for some it's a job against a timer in a snooker club while this was an afternoon of snooker, having a cuppa with someone so prominent with game, having tuition on a great tableeven the great Ronnie O'Sullivan has played on Franks table!

Comment

Tariq - Thanks so much for the kind words. You got off to the perfect start by presenting me with a superb bottle of wine. See you in November. F.

Comment

Working...
                X