Starting to think it isn't object ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to think it isn't object ball

I know there have been many debates about what you look at on the strike and i had 100% prescribed to VmaxSteve's opinion that's it the object ball but now I'm starting to think it's not right.

I've started to look at the cue ball during the strike and i'm starting to play a lot better, i think the reason is i'm striking the centre of the cue ball whereas when i was looking at the object ball i was getting unwanted left hand side.

I know everybody has their own ideas on this and i suppose i'd like to know off the coaches on here does what i'm saying make sense or not and if not why?

Cheers in advance
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Oh bloody hell...
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Maybe you were always a CB player and forcing yourself to do otherwise messed your game up.

I personally think it's something to not mess with and you find your own way as eye rhythms are linked to your feathering and cue action.

Comment

Yes found the same thing for my game. I tried looking at the cue ball because of Chris Henry's posts on Facebook and for me it works very well. Now I can see and feel the straightness of my cue action which gives me great confidence. I always found it strange looking at the object ball

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Oh bloody hell...
          I know mate i know....

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            Maybe you were always a CB player and forcing yourself to do otherwise messed your game up.

I personally think it's something to not mess with and you find your own way as eye rhythms are linked to your feathering and cue action.
            This makes perfect sense, i was playing really bad the other day and i turned around to the table beside me and potted a red down the cushion without it touching the sides and all i could see was the cue ball so it made me think........again!

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
              Yes found the same thing for my game. I tried looking at the cue ball because of Chris Henry's posts on Facebook and for me it works very well. Now I can see and feel the straightness of my cue action which gives me great confidence. I always found it strange looking at the object ball
              I haven't read any of Chris Henry's ideas but it has been feeling much more natural in amongst the balls although for longer shots i do flick more between the two,either way I've got my Mojo back

Wibble

Comment

Oh bloody hell...
                Indeed. It's the road to madness...

Comment

Lots of people think they are looking at the object ball last but in fact, they're not. Including many leading professionals. Single frame advance analysis has proved to me that the likes of Higgins and Hendry and quite a few others actually look at the cue ball until the cue is moving to strike the object ball. At the last split second they look up to see the object ball. Others, like Ding, lock their eyes on to the object ball before they even complete the final draw back of the cue. I find it's that last split second transfer which gives the best results and it's something I have always done naturally. If I look at the cue ball all the way through the delivery I can't pot a thing. Same goes for fixing my eyes doggedly to the object ball. And the added benefit with the last split second transfer is that I am very consistent at striking the cue ball where I want.

Comment

looking at the c/b is the first step to madness it will be looking at the cue next to see if its coming back straight and then all feeling for the shot will vanish,its a short term fix

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                      looking at the c/b is the first step to madness it will be looking at the cue next to see if its coming back straight and then all feeling for the shot will vanish,its a short term fix
                      I've never looked at the cue to see if it's coming back straight and i never will, I think now 100% its a natural thing and tampering can make it much worse as my signature points out, to me not making a conscientious effort to look at the object ball on strike has gave everything a much more natural feel which is what I've been searching for

Wibble

Comment

Just try the matchbox routine to see where to look at

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                          Just try the matchbox routine to see where to look at
                          Tried that didn't help

Wibble

Comment

Don't ever think about what you're looking at. Just concentrate on controlling the cue. Once you become aware of what your eyes are looking at, it's game over.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              Don't ever think about what you're looking at. Just concentrate on controlling the cue. Once you become aware of what your eyes are looking at, it's game over.
                              not for me..
                              i believe you need a system to be consistent

Comment

Working...
                              X