Controlling object ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling object ball

A situation that often occurs during safety play is trying to send an object ball towards the top of the table while screwing the cue ball back behind the balls in baulk. Often though the power needed on the screw can bring the object ball back down the table, especially if it doesn't kiss another ball. What's the best way of trying to kill the pace on the object ball in these situations?

Controlling object ball

Suppose it depends how tight the pack is. If it's a tight pack with the pink still on its spot then send the red onto it and bring other reds into play.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Sure but I'm thinking more of a situation where you don't have an opportunity to kill the speed of the object ball with a kiss.

Comment

Hit it at a narrower angle to zig zag the red across the table several times?

Comment

Play the object ball full face into the brown (or Y/G). Getting this right isn't easy, it's as tricky as a long pot in some ways. Which brings into play the other option, attempt a tricky long ball pot. The jaws can keep the ball down there and if you pot the red, you may be on the pink/black.

Comment

The best way is as MB says, to play the full face into a baulk colour...

That's not always possible. I'd say work on your technique to the point where you can generate more spin with less effort during a screw shot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              Play the object ball full face into the brown (or Y/G). Getting this right isn't easy, it's as tricky as a long pot in some ways. Which brings into play the other option, attempt a tricky long ball pot. The jaws can keep the ball down there and if you pot the red, you may be on the pink/black.
              i thought the original poster wanted to send the OB to the top of the table and get the Cue ball behind the baulk colours.

i would zig zag the red across the table several times as someone has suggested already, it needs plenty of practice to get the weight of the shot right so that the red ends up in the middle of the table rather than near a pocket.

Comment

So he did... Forgive my oversight... Still the same for me... hit a ball, use the jaws or improve your technique so you can glide the white back... like us real men

Comment

Working...
                X