No announcement yet.

Pottr talks you through it... almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. I'll have to show him your kind comments...

It's hard to keep him focussed and not cross the line of 'pushy parent'. I have to come up with new incentives for him... He likes the filming him on the ipad and posting on here, perhaps that can be the carrot to dangle.

Comment

Arrrrgh!!!

Great show but NO CHALK HOLDER and BARE FEET! Practice as you play and tuck in that t-shirt too. Nice snooker room and is that a #10 cloth?

Except for the stupid waistcoat and tie they make us wear I try and practice with the same dress as I have in tournaments. I find it helps to break in the shoes too.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

pottr:

By the way, you look an awful lot like a little younger Stefan M
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Cheers for the style tips Terry...

I never normally play bare foot but I was only in there filming Luke til he begged for a frame... I hate chalk holders... Yes, #10 and it's about ready to be replaced if I'm honest.

Comment

Nah mate. Don't replace it yet. Get it starched! Will give you a good 6 months and beyond in extra life!!! Brings back the slide.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              Nice snooker room and is that a #10 cloth?
              I had to do a double take. It looks very similar to Shaun Murphy's parents' pad from years ago!

Comment

Cheers for videos pottr, nice to see how a better player goes about compiling a break and the thoughts behind it. Luke is lucky to be coached by a god amongst men lol. Wish I had your concentration levels, to pot and talk through the break showed you can maintain a focus. I'm struggling at the moment with focussing on the next shot, always looking at the balls thinking big numbers and miss an easy one.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to talk and play at the same time... I can't do it very well but I just pretended I was talking Luke through it so it was like a lesson...

Just funny that the tricky ones went in. Genuinely annoyed the green wasn't captured.

Comment

Nice Player, you weren't to bad either Pottr
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                      It's even in the title...

Then again, he's the same toaster who was chirping that 9ball is harder than snooker a few months back.
                      Not harder: as difficult to master. Do keep up.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                        Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                        tried watching. a talker...
                        I think you may have missed the part where that was the point
                        Think you may have missed the first part of my post.

Comment

Doesn't make any sense that ??

Comment

Oh really? Please explain what I missed, because you didn't leave a lot of room for misinterpretation.

Comment

C'mon people don't turn this thread into a poxy tit for tat argument
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

When he puts up his clip and talks me through how he makes a break, I'll pay attention to his comments a little more

Gauntlet is there for you Mr BS (pun intended)

Comment

Working...
                                X