99 Line Out clearance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Line Out clearance...

Had a few frames with the boy tonight and decided to have a bash at this...

Managed to finish it on the second or third go. Was pretty pumped

Excuse the counting error around 20/30... I only add on 4 for a blue (it's late)

Enjoy x

https://youtu.be/R8hCOU24Q0s

God ......................

Comment

Great shooting.

Comment

Well done mate. You got skills!
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Congratulations. I was naive to think that you will have more trouble than you did.

Comment

Very nice , no mucking around . Just get down and pot . Made it look very easy .

One problem........you are chalking your cue like a pool player
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Pink Ribbon this year?

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                Congratulations. I was naive to think that you will have more trouble than you did.
                To be honest, doing the math in my head, I half expected to fail at it for a bit longer... There's a margin for error on the line out however you do it I imagine?

One problem........you are chalking your cue like a pool player
                I need to learn to behave

Pink Ribbon this year?
                Not for me... My game isn't sharp enough, I'm far too beatable when I'm playing poorly.

It would take a lot of practice to get sharp and I guess I just don't have the desire for the game anymore...

Plus, I'd need time off work and I'm a single parent with no girlfriend so there's the kids to arrange for...

Negatives outweigh any benefit unfortunately

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                  To be honest, doing the math in my head, I half expected to fail at it for a bit longer... There's a margin for error on the line out however you do it I imagine?

I need to learn to behave

Not for me... My game isn't sharp enough, I'm far too beatable when I'm playing poorly.

It would take a lot of practice to get sharp and I guess I just don't have the desire for the game anymore...

Plus, I'd need time off work and I'm a single parent with no girlfriend so there's the kids to arrange for...

Negatives outweigh any benefit unfortunately
                  Not easy being a single parent tbf. Kids need lots of time and love, first priority. It would be good fun for someone of your standard. I think you'd get through more rounds than you imagine. Ton breakers are making round 4. It's ya super county/Q school who make the latter stages but it's still worth a pop for everyone; good cause too.

Comment

you can practice all you like an not miss but if your not getting really good sparing your waisting your time, its too tuff out there. you got kids half the age playing nice players under the best conitions all day every day
                    times just too presious

Comment

Exactly right Jason...

Today, in top form... I know I am furiously capable... I go through nights where everything clicks and I don't make an error. I'd say at my best, I am better now than I have ever been.

But 7/10 years ago... I was winning tourneys and barely dropping a game in leagues coz I was playing against pros in practice often... It used to hurt to lose

There's a big difference in wanting to win and playing to win.

Comment

Nice clearance, you can cut that out for tomorrow night though

I think there is a difference when competing between being sharp and really sharp.. ? I don't think you practice with enough good players regularly enough, in the run up to our final you barely practised (many reasons for this I know), whereas i'd played with Mark White the week before and practised with Wakelin for 3/4 hours the same day of our match.

I went into it having played safety after safety and knowing that when I get a chance I must take it, sort of becomes a force of habit. I think you lack this at the moment and that's all that is letting you down. The rest of your game is brilliant.

I reckon if you play more regularly with good opponents and get used to 'having to dig in and compete' then you'll go from strength to strength. Improve your safety and concentration and you'll be laughing.

^^may be total BS but that's my opinion and the points mentioned will be achieved through entering different comps which we're planning to do anyway, and I like to think i'm good enough to make you respect me and play the (hate using this term) 'correct shot'.
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Nice to watch that was, you say you don't play much anymore but how old are you? 30-31? If this is the case you're still young enough to improve
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I could improve... I simply don't have the personal or professional circumstances to facilitate this...

Quite disheartening to be honest. Life's not supposed to be easy.

My kids are fantastic though so it's a no contest really... and if he wants it snooker wise, Luke will be backed beyond the hilt.

Callie's gonna be doctor though... She decided at age 5
                            Last edited by pottr; 7 July 2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

She actually will though knowing her.

If you ever need anybody to sit for you let me know, i'll take use of your table as payment haha
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X