improve play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improve play

Hello. I decided to play snooker 10 months ago. I am interested in snooker very long time, but only now I've got a chance to play (there were no club in my region). My dream is to become a professional player, so I took a charge of my destiny . I know I'm a little old to do that (started in fifteen years old) and there are also a bit more talented players, but I'm doing everything I can. I train every day 5 or 6 hours and 12 hours during free day. Everything went as it should and after six months I was able to do half-centuries in training and 30 breaks in competition. But something changed one or two months ago. I am not able to focus on playing as well as ever and I feel like I'm going back for the whole months. I started to lose in tournaments with totally weak players that I'm sure I could beat them. Then I tried to play by other way (for example to be angry or to be totally phlegmatic), but actually nothing works, even it's worse than before. Nowadays, during summer holidays, I train 10-12 hours per day, but I don't feel I'm improving in my game and I can be happy when I make 20 break. Today it was the worst of it all and I have absolutely no idea what I should do.

Thank you for reading and I'll be grateful for every response. I apologize for mistakes in text.

It's a very hard game, you improved at first, but that doesn't mean you will continue to improve !
    It takes many years playing hours every day to reach a high standard

Comment

milosh:

Perhaps if you posted a video of you making long blues the coaches on here may be able to give you a few tips.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        It's a very hard game, you improved at first, but that doesn't mean you will continue to improve !
        It takes many years playing hours every day to reach a high standard
        Problem is what we watched on TV makes it so delusional that we can play like them as long we grind the hours out on the table.

Many started off with high expectations and get frustrated due to lack of progress and generally stop improving because of that. When one is are not motivated, it's hard have anything productive from a practice session.

Milosh, you will have to be realistic on your expectations and limitation so just take it slow with a fixed training plan to improve all your aspect of the game then perhaps you will start to see progress. Most importantly your fundamental has to be solid and consistent in order to keep improving, if you can't deliver your cue straight consistently, you can never progress to the next stage... You will never know why you miss a shot and that cuts out a big learning feedback you will require. Take a step back and go back to the basics for the time being.

Comment

Working...
        X