Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head movement

Hi

Posted a video of myself practicing on the line up and since then about 6 months ago, have not yet gotten close to my high break although matches are closer and getting better results. In the video my head seems to move up slightly towards the end of the shot. Is that something I need to work to cutting out? Or is it very little and caused by the pace/ power of the shot.

Thanks for the help

http://youtu.be/FYyCGBEgg30

Not bad but - I think that you feather a little too quickly and need to work on developing slightly smoother and slightly slower action which will help you develop more consistent timing.

How good is your club and lighting -

Comment

you can't play the second series of shots with the same bridge hence lower success rate but nice stroke nevertheless

Comment

it would be helpful if you chalk the tip sometimes !!

Comment

Table looks lovely... I had some coaching last year and main focus was to have consistent 'feathers' when addressing the ball (in an effort to improve my break building).
          Try to have the same amount of feathers for each shot if possible. This has helped me to score much heavier because each shot is receiving the same amount of focus. My rhythm at the table has improved also, due to this.

Try walking into the shot, get down and feather the cue ball properly and i'm sure you'll improve.
          Love the pause in your backswing though!
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

First - you are playing that shot 3 time harder than you need to (like most players who do not make regular hundred breaks) - just strike a little lower and a little slower.

Second - your elbow is not firmly anchored onto the table.

Third - accelerate smoothly and gradually on the delivery which will make it easier to keep the head still.
            Improving Your Game, From Every Angle: The Snooker Gym

Comment

Thanks for the inputs everyone. A couple of things to work on especially on the smoothness of delivery, although I did play the shot much harder to try exaggerate any movement. As for the elbow do you deliberately plant the elbow firmly down on the bed of the table?

Comment

jono i dont know if the battery was running out on your phone but to me you were flicking an slaping the balls in and around the table, it was as if you were on x2 with no regards to position of the white.
                even if your trying to focus on movement or whatever your approch really chould be the same on every shot you play. just a few more seconds to settle down into the shot, feeling your feet planted into the floor an connected to your hips. that way your upper body will feel lighter/freer with no tention.. work form the floor up an feel the breaks come

Comment

Elbow on bed

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                  Thanks for the inputs everyone. A couple of things to work on especially on the smoothness of delivery, although I did play the shot much harder to try exaggerate any movement. As for the elbow do you deliberately plant the elbow firmly down on the bed of the table?
                  yes - not too tight that tension spreads, not too loose that the head & shoulders move
                  But it should be stable on the table...
                  Improving Your Game, From Every Angle: The Snooker Gym

Comment

Working...
                  X