Your 'old faithful' routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 'old faithful' routine

I've been practicing quite hard this last week - 3 to 5 hour sessions, mixing up routines and open play stuff. Paid off as I managed for the first time to clear 15 reds on the lineup.

I noticed that when I started to struggle with my timing or whatever I'd always go back to potting long straight blues off its spot.

For me it seems the purest shot as it demands straight cueing, good timing and has no margin of excuse as in you didn't sight the angle right, being a dead straight shot.

Do any of you guys have a routine that, for you at least, gets you back into 'stroke' ?
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
    I've been practicing quite hard this last week - 3 to 5 hour sessions, mixing up routines and open play stuff. Paid off as I managed for the first time to clear 15 reds on the lineup.

I noticed that when I started to struggle with my timing or whatever I'd always go back to potting long straight blues off its spot.

For me it seems the purest shot as it demands straight cueing, good timing and has no margin of excuse as in you didn't sight the angle right, being a dead straight shot.

Do any of you guys have a routine that, for you at least, gets you back into 'stroke' ?
    Well done on clearing the line up...

For me long blue potting is a complete waste of time to be completely honest, I know people who can pot long blues all day long yet can't string 3 reds together, to get you potting mix the line up, maybe the T line up etc or even download nic barrows app where he's got loads of routines.

Comment

Long pots are the daddy for straightening the cueing out, at pace and top spin or screw back. A fave of mine to do the cueing correction and gain accuracy is a blue just off middle pocket down the rail into the bottom corner with the white behind baulk line, sometimes straight, sometimes off straight. This demands accuracy and great cueing. Screwing back added to this shot, aiming to come back and land in the D is the mustard. Top spin this shot and putting the white right on the black spot is another way; I've only ever achieved that feat once. It's rock hard.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Well done on clearing the line up...

For me long blue potting is a complete waste of time to be completely honest, I know people who can pot long blues all day long yet can't string 3 reds together, to get you potting mix the line up, maybe the T line up etc or even download nic barrows app where he's got loads of routines.
        thanks. only took me 8 years to do lol

I do lots of routines T, lineup, cross etc I just always seem to go back to the blues when things go bad is almost like a safety blanket for me. 20 of them always seems to sort me out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
          Long pots are the daddy for straightening the cueing out, at pace and top spin or screw back. A fave of mine to do the cueing correction and gain accuracy is a blue just off middle pocket down the rail into the bottom corner with the white behind baulk line, sometimes straight, sometimes off straight. This demands accuracy and great cueing. Screwing back added to this shot, aiming to come back and land in the D is the mustard. Top spin this shot and putting the white right on the black spot is another way; I've only ever achieved that feat once. It's rock hard.
          A good pal of mine, who's currently coaching over in China, gets his students to do that very same routine.

He doesn't advocate any particular spin like your routine but if you can get 7 or 8 out of 10 of those bad boys you're cueing pretty damn straight.

Best I managed was 3/10

Comment

Before every home match, I'll fire 3 long blues into each corner...

Seems to be enough.

Comment

pre shot swoop into set position on baulk line cue up to yellow drop cue down check alignment is correct then placing a ball to aim at on cushion above black spot on rail dead in line and aim the white up n down spots coming to rest dead centre and dead weight on my tip that I leave forward whilst staying down and set then once accomplished build it up to a harder hit and finally back down again to floating it on again at a nice steady pace. takes a min or two to gain the right focus.

Then off I trot - a usual practice is mixed bag routines-games-line ups-drink-smile-music/drink/win/smile/lose/look down blame tip cue chalk or anything else I can think of but me then drink/smile/drink/chat/laugh/get dropped off home music on laughter blaring out - get home make brew kick cat out or stoke cat and take it to bed for a fuss depending on mood - rinse n repeat - the end .
              Last edited by Byrom; 1 August 2015, 05:35 PM.

Comment

3 pints and a jeager bomb

im better than ronnie in my mind then

Comment

can I replace the jaeger with another pint? 'er indoors wont let me have shots anymore

Comment

can I replace the jaeger with another pint? 'er indoors wont let me have shots anymore
                    aye go on then!

Comment

Working...
                    X