X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just cant play the recommended way

ok where to start!
    im tubby, well not tubby fat, yes Stephen lee fat,
    when my form dips in snooker, as It does for everyone I start looking at my technique,,
    ive tried lots of different things over the years but I cant just cant ,right foot on line of aim head on the line s,quare stance etc.
    like most pros do, or is taught by a lot of coaches including my old coach,
    to be honest me belly gets in my way!!!my knees start hurting when im square aswell,
    and I play crap, trust me ive tried these ways for months not just a fewdays,
    then I was watching u tube and saw alan triggs post, he is of similar size to me and played very well
    so now I don't even think about my feet or anything else,
    I just make sure I have a good look when im in the standing postion at the potting angle and keep my head on the line all they way down,
    and I don't worry or think about anything else,
    now my form and game has come back!!! ive had a few tons in practice,and a few 70s in match practice with friends,
    and now I realise snooker can be a mine field of good and bad information and there is no right or wrong way to do things,
    ITS WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU!! that's the most important thing,
    any I hope this post helps fellow larger snooker players with there game,
    and PLEASE CHECK OUT ALAN TRIGGS POST ON YOUTUBE ITS A REVELATION,

What about maybe trying to lose a bit of weight

Comment

you sound like my missus!!!
      yeah I am doing, slowly but I will get there

Comment

with the weight loss will come a need to change your stance - to accommodate for the change in your shape. Probably. (I am not a coach!)
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

If you're knocking in tons in practice as a fat man, then just stay fat never did Stephen Lee any harm. But who is Alan Triggs? I did a youtube search but it just comes up with some singer/songwriter guy, do you have a link?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            If you're knocking in tons in practice as a fat man, then just stay fat never did Stephen Lee any harm. But who is Alan Triggs? I did a youtube search but it just comes up with some singer/songwriter guy, do you have a link?
            Alan Trigg is a former professional and now a well respected coach. Was one of the coaches at the Star Academy and think he's the national coach in Dubai or Qatar or UAE now.

Link

Comment

he's the national coach of Qatar now. he is in Sheffield during the summer each year at the Star Snooker Academy , does the junior summer school, he's there for another couple of weeks then he goes back to Qatar.

here is one link you might wanna check out https://youtu.be/O8voW0HM6qs

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                he's the national coach of Qatar now. he is in Sheffield during the summer each year at the Star Snooker Academy , does the junior summer school, he's there for another couple of weeks then he goes back to Qatar.

here is one link you might wanna check out https://youtu.be/O8voW0HM6qs
                he's in Portugal right now on his hols I believe!

Comment

National coach of Qatar ! WOW ! with all those great qatar players coming through he must be good then

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    National coach of Qatar ! WOW ! with all those great qatar players coming through he must be good then
                    Now, now...be nice. Actually Alan is quite a good coach and he was a good player 'back in the old days'. He is on holiday right now and on a cruise ship so he will be unavailable for 2 weeks for anyone trying to contact him. Lives in the Ukraine but he just finished a stint at the Star Academy in Sheffield as an invited coach.
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

as has been said many times, be comfortable in your stance, etc., when playing snooker; if you are comfortable when not in the "recommended way", then don't play in the "recommended way"! :biggrin:
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X