Towards Perfect Cue Ball Control - The D Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
    Your profile states a high break of 48. You look better than that. Hope you do not mind me saying. Is that also your pace of playing in a proper frame?..
    Does look very very slow to me too

Comment

• The vid was shot in slo mo, surely...

That pace would win you some frames though, as your partner gets more and more impatient, voilĂ . You're in... Lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
        The vid was shot in slo mo, surely...

That pace would win you some frames though, as your partner gets more and more impatient, voilĂ . You're in... Lol
        He'd already stated after posting the first video attempt that he was slowing-up for this routine.

Quote: "I wasn't rushing just making sure."

I can't imagine many will play this peculiar routine at form-pace if I'm honest.

Comment

• I know that, I was messing...

Comment

• Ehh de-ja-vu ??
            Sure i already read that comment

Comment

• Yeah, hoped I'd got away with that. I couldn't edit the post so I deleted it and started again, I didn't add anything I just had to correct a spelling mistake. I know, quite ridiculous.

Comment

• surely guys if i played that slow in a real game i would probably send my opponent to sleep lol.

i played someone last week in a cup game and he was slow, sometimes taking upto 2 minute before playing a shot. it really got to me. i am not the quickest either but compared to him i'm usain bolt.
                it was a best of 5 and i won 3-0 , boy was i glad he never won a frame it lasted almost 3 hours. if it wen the distance we would have been playing past midnight.

Comment

• You have done well there Alabadi, I just can't play slow players, I'm not cut out to live at that pace lol. It's the fact there is an obvious shot on but round and round the table they go, check every ball, is that a plant? No , wait is that a plant, I'll line it up with my cue, I'll get down behind the cue ball, nope don't fancy it, I'll take the long pot on, nope dont like that one either, refuses the obvious pot then rolls up behind the yellow, I feel like screaming just hit the feckin thing it's only a bounce game for gods sake , this is costing us money,lol.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                    surely guys if i played that slow in a real game i would probably send my opponent to sleep lol.

i played someone last week in a cup game and he was slow, sometimes taking upto 2 minute before playing a shot. it really got to me. i am not the quickest either but compared to him i'm usain bolt.
                    it was a best of 5 and i won 3-0 , boy was i glad he never won a frame it lasted almost 3 hours. if it wen the distance we would have been playing past midnight.
                    While watching couldn't help notice your cue. What make is it alabadi, looks a nice cue. 3 hours for a 3-0 win sounds like torture lol

Comment

• It's worse still when your playing partner is crap and slow. I mean we're both crap but at least I'm crap at a decent pace I suppose.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MickyBlue View Post
                        It's worse still when your playing partner is crap and slow. I mean we're both crap but at least I'm crap at a decent pace I suppose.
                        That made me laugh Micky. For me that makes you the better player, he takes longer to miss than you do lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by MickyBlue View Post
                          It's worse still when your playing partner is crap and slow. I mean we're both crap but at least I'm crap at a decent pace I suppose.
                          Hahaha! Made me laugh that has.
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                            While watching couldn't help notice your cue. What make is it alabadi, looks a nice cue. 3 hours for a 3-0 win sounds like torture lol
                            tell me about it.

with regards to the cue it was made by our forums own Jim Evans (Jaws cues). i sourced the butt Thuya Burr myself and he made the cue for me.

Comment

tell me about it.

with regards to the cue it was made by our forums own Jim Evans (Jaws cues). i sourced the butt Thuya Burr myself and he made the cue for me.
                              Top guy is Jim. I had a dabble in cue making and he helped me source and buy all my woods as well as helping me out lots with the cue building side. Can't beat some nice thuya burr. I keep in touch with Jim but he's not on the forum as often these days. Shame as he was always a helpful guy to have around the place.

Comment

surely guys if i played that slow in a real game i would probably send my opponent to sleep lol.

Hahaha,, funny. I thought you couldn't be that slow. 3 frames and nearly 3 hours,, holy moly,, did you pull your hair out, or his ?
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X