No announcement yet.

Towards Perfect Cue Ball Control - The D Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had ten minutes before work so I whipped the ipad out... Even had time left over to show off Luke's new cue... Video uploading. Gonna make all my other ones public too, so you can all see how big my bollocks are

Pottr, do you go around the clock with just the colours on there spots, to see how many time you can clear them?.
    Yes pal, I used to try that as a warm up before matches to get the arm going and see how the cushions were playing... Now I just fire 3 long blues into each corner with everyone watching... It's a lot easier but it looks far more intimidating.

Comment

• Barry is just trying to generate a bit of friendly fun guys. Get your videos up
      I half agree with this... The problem is, people's noses get put out of joint when you make claims like 'any pro should do this' and 'you have to do this for blah blah blah'

It all reeks of bull**** to me and I'm not at all subtle so will just say it.

These challenges, like the ones MB used to put up, they're put up, we're then told how incredible they are and what it takes and what you learn. The OP offers no proof they can do it themselves or advice on how to other than the sort of **** Hazel ****ing Irvine could spot...

Then, some of the genuine cueists on the forum like Simon, Jason, Tom and myself come on, post of video of it being completed and then get torn to bits for it. It really makes me laugh. I never edit my videos, I set the balls up, set the ipad up and pick my cue up to take on the routine. I upload all the missed attempts, warts and all.

Some of the comments on my past videos show people for what they are: FOS! Keyboard heroes who probably can't make 20.

Come on here spouting the same **** like TV tables have bigger pockets and then turn around and ask questions about how a star table plays.

They knock folks like Terry who used to be immense and criticise people like Jason when he offers advice and you don't have the base knowledge to understand the language he's using to teach you... You don't realise that no amount of written words or advice will take a 20 break player to the total clearance level without hours upon hours of practice!

I'm reading all this thread at the moment and there are some of you having a go at FRAZZ... Do you lot realise how good this bloke is? And that's just it... you don't. You have absolutely no idea because too many on here are faking it because they can't make it...

End of rant... here's your link...

https://youtu.be/fKnrIAiDRI8

I really feel like I can control the cue ball now as this video claims... Bring on Ronnie!

Comment

• ""Difficult"" ,,, hahaha, funny. Well done but I for one do not want to see your big bollocks if you post vids again..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Relax, Throtty... I have very very small genitals x

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I half agree with this... The problem is, people's noses get put out of joint when you make claims like 'any pro should do this' and 'you have to do this for blah blah blah'

These challenges, like the ones MB used to put up, they're put up, we're then told how incredible they are and what it takes and what you learn. The OP offers no proof they can do it themselves or advice on how to other than the sort of **** Hazel ****ing Irvine could spot...

Then, some of the genuine cueists on the forum like Simon, Jason, Tom and myself come on, post of video of it being completed and then get torn to bits for it. It really makes me laugh. I never edit my videos, I set the balls up, set the ipad up and pick my cue up to take on the routine. I upload all the missed attempts, warts and all.

Some of the comments on my past videos show people for what they are: FOS! Keyboard heroes who probably can't make 20.

Come on here spouting the same **** like TV tables have bigger pockets and then turn around and ask questions about how a star table plays.

They knock folks like Terry who used to be immense and criticise people like Jason when he offers advice and you don't have the base knowledge to understand the language he's using to teach you... You don't realise that no amount of written words or advice will take a 20 break player to the total clearance level without hours upon hours of practice!

I'm reading all this thread at the moment and there are some of you having a go at FRAZZ... Do you lot realise how good this bloke is? And that's just it... you don't. You have absolutely no idea because too many on here are faking it because they can't make it...

I really feel like I can control the cue ball now as this video claims... Bring on Ronnie!

Pottr! You hit the nail on the head yet again! Couldn't of put it better myself. ��
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

• Thanks old bean... I Still can't get a red in off the cut break to safety so you can bugger off too

Comment

• I have to add, it's not all of the lads on here... There are some really top gents like most the mods, Yusef, itsnoteasy, Marky the Wolves fan who genuinely ask for advice and are genuine with their assessments of their own abilities and whatnot...

Before this turns into a free for all.

There are many many more I really respect and like too btw.

Comment

Thanks old bean... I Still can't get a red in off the cut break to safety so you can bugger off too
                  I had a session yesterday and managed it once out of 9 break offs. Decent cue ball each time as well!

There are a lot of whoppers on here, it's a shame really as there are also alot of proper decent chaps on here looking for advice and able to share invaluable tips. Seeing Frazz being questioned for offering his insight was incredible, the guy is brilliant. When the pros at our club offer me advice I listen, when they're at the table I watch and learn. Don't assume you know better, be open to what people say especially those who have been there and done it.

It could be that the "know it alls" haven't played players of a real high standard and don't appreciate the gulf in class that exists between us amateurs and the pros.
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

I have to add, it's not all of the lads on here... There are some really top gents like most the mods, Yusef, itsnoteasy, Marky the Wolves fan who genuinely ask for advice and are genuine with their assessments of their own abilities and whatnot...

Before this turns into a free for all.
                    There are many many more I really respect and like too btw.
                    Thanks Pottr, I'm pish but I'm trying hard lol, but I have had three reds off Inevermiss break and a couple left right in the pocket and the white right up tight behind the green, which was just as good a result . I haven't figured out how it's done really it's still very much hit and hope as sometimes nothing really happens and a red doesn't go anywhere near.
                    As for questioning Frazz, what's the point in saying anything, anyone who thinks along those lines ain't going to listen anyway.
                    I must admit though I did always wonder about the pockets on the TV , more through ignorance, never having played on a good table ,I would look at some of the shots and say, that wouldn't of went in on the club table although it's obvious to the naked eye the pockets are tighter I couldn't understand it, so it was nice of Frazz and Throtts ( who basically has a pro set up) to explain it for us, it's great to have someone who's actually played under TV conditions to tell us what it's like.
                    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 18 January 2016, 11:53 AM.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Welcome back pottr!! Lol

I don't post much useful stuff on here but I read everything that applies/appeals to me especially yours
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

• welcome back Pottr, we missed your valuable input to threads. i knew you couldn't stay away forever, you are just a snooker nut like us all...lol
                        thanks for the kind words, I look forward to your no nonsense posts.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          To be fair I might try this one, I have been routing around for a new one to try and this looks interesting. That table looks very nice.
                          6811 T in a cold room with no heaters on, to be fair, it's only a quid an hour. But they don't go down easy on a antique billiards table that rolls and has round cut 3.25'' pockets. I look after it for free, gets double brushed, blocked and ironed. Made them a proper block because even the Peradon one is naff. It's a great middle bag routine for those who have problems with middle bags and those who like them but want to improve stun and screw when using middle bags. If the black is tied up, breaks can be made around the pink, so some pink practice is useful.

The record (around here!) is 13R+P into the two middle bags and the fail was one of the last two reds below the pink. Potting them into the black bags if you have to is fine but if you can pot the whole lot to the middles, you've got that recovery shot in the break covered.
                          Last edited by barrywhite; 18 January 2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• The record is 13R+P into the two middle bags and the fail was one of the last two reds below the pink. Nevermind. As Luc says, get your videos up lads, there's nothing like doing it on video to prove how irrelevant it is. Until you've done it, it ain't irrelevant, it's just something you can't do.
                            Do you mean this is your own record or the most you have witnessed?

Coz when you're saying "this is the record" if you mean all time, all comers then I can't take you seriously coz I am certain that the pros who play in our club would mop that up in no time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                              6811 T in a cold room with no heaters on, to be fair, it's only a quid an hour. I look after it for free, get double brushed, blocked and ironed. Made them a proper block because even the Peradon one is naff. It's a great middle bag routine for those who have problems with middle bags and those who like them but want to improve stun and screw when using middle bags. If the black is tied up, breaks can be made around the pink, so some pink practice is useful.

The record is 13R+P into the two middle bags and the fail was one of the last two reds below the pink.
                              I enjoy watching videos of the better players doing what the rest of us can't. Be great when you start putting your videos up barrywhite.

Comment

Do you mean this is your own record or the most you have witnessed?

Coz when you're saying "this is the record" if you mean all time, all comers then I can't take you seriously coz I am certain that the pros who play in our club would mop that up in no time.
                                My post above yours says 'The record (around here!) is 13R+P into the two middle bags...'

The key text is 'around here'. Re-read.

It's the most middle bag shots we've seen around our way, 13 reds, 13 pinks into the middle bags from ams. If someone betters it, that's great, hats off to em. But they haven't done it or seen it yet! A-duh. But yeah, why wouldn't a pro be able to do 15, Ronnie could do 15 blindfolded. This isn't a thread for pros, it's for improvers and middle order players. My mate who's going to Q school hasn't done it yet but I'm sure he'll do 15. Three former pros who we play with haven't done it yet either, one of whom made the semis of a ranker. But I'm sure they have alternative middle bag routines. That's not the point, the routines are for folk who are having problems with middle bag shots, folk like alabadi who still haven't hit a 50 yet despite doing Les' routines and playing for 5+ years. They need to get over the line, solve their faults, one of which is cue ball control, hence the D test, another is position and shot selection around the black, hence the Vale (thanks to Frazz) and this is another routine to address middle bag nerves. You've come back from quitting snooker and acted the big I am slagging off this thread without understanding what it's about. Start the thread again and re-read.

And if you haven't got something constructive to say, jog off back to your bye bye I can't pay anymore toys out the pram fluff my ego please attention thread.
                                Last edited by barrywhite; 18 January 2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X