Towards Perfect Cue Ball Control - The D Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    You have done well there Alabadi, I just can't play slow players, I'm not cut out to live at that pace lol. It's the fact there is an obvious shot on but round and round the table they go, check every ball, is that a plant? No , wait is that a plant, I'll line it up with my cue, I'll get down behind the cue ball, nope don't fancy it, I'll take the long pot on, nope dont like that one either, refuses the obvious pot then rolls up behind the yellow, I feel like screaming just hit the feckin thing it's only a bounce game for gods sake , this is costing us money,lol.
    I get this and players that are going to play a baulk colour but spend time looking at reds around the black to get on when I know full well they have absolute no cue power to pull the shot off,,,, In fact after they have played the shot the bloody cue ball ends up more in baulk and they miss the colour too, but they make out it was a safety...
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• i get annoyed by players who ruin the colours at the start of the game, after a few shots the black pink and blue all out of commission.

they play a long red 1 in 10 chance, play it knowing the black is tied up and play it in a way not to get back up for the blue, they make a lucky pot and end up on the bottom cushion and rather than playing a safety on a baulk colour they attempt to pot the blue , ( a shot a pro wouldn't dare play) knowing they are running the white into baulk.

in their mind they think its a pot and safety at the same time. so now the blue ends up in baulk, black tied up and pink is still not available on the tip of the pack.
      it does my head in as you just know its going to be a long scrappy frame with no chance of making any type of break.
      Last edited by alabadi; 1 February 2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
        i get annoyed by players who ruin the colours at the start of the game, after a few shots the black pink and blue all out of commission.

they play a long red 1 in 10 chance, play it knowing the black is tied up and play it in a way not to get back up for the blue, they make a lucky pot and end up on the bottom cushion and rather than playing a safety on a baulk colour they attempt to pot the blue , ( a shot a pro wouldn't dare play) knowing they are running the white into baulk.

in their mind they think its a pot and safety at the same time. so now the blue ends up in baulk, black tied up and pink is still not available on the tip of the pack.
        it does my head in as you just know its going to be a long scrappy frame with no chance of making any type of break.
        I know full well those players and play one. Yep, all colours tied up. I made a 40 plus break a week ago in a couple of frames like that not so long ago. I think they were my best breaks I have ever made because I took the most points available using the yellow and green then playing top spin because I had a perfect angle to disturb blue , pink and black that were on a side cush huddled together. However, the kiss kissed them but didn't leave me on them or any colour.

They say play good players and above your level but hell I have to work for every break with this dude..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
          surely guys if i played that slow in a real game i would probably send my opponent to sleep lol.

i played someone last week in a cup game and he was slow, sometimes taking upto 2 minute before playing a shot. it really got to me. i am not the quickest either but compared to him i'm usain bolt.
          it was a best of 5 and i won 3-0 , boy was i glad he never won a frame it lasted almost 3 hours. if it wen the distance we would have been playing past midnight.
          It wasn't Jim Evans you were playing was it alabadi. He's told me about his safety game lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            It wasn't Jim Evans you were playing was it alabadi. He's told me about his safety game lol.
            No it was a cup match, although Jim has slowed down lately, probably old age ...lol, oh and that safety too

Comment

Working...
            X