shoulder pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder pain

i've been going snooker pretty much lately, almost 4 times as much as normal, and after one session on sunday my shoulder/neck muscle has really been hurting me. its the trapezius muscle directly above your collar bone.

it hurts every time i go into a cueing position.

is it becuase ive been gripping the cue too tightly, or a small case of repetitive strain injury?

does anyone else get it?
    Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
    HB match: 81

Well, I'm no medical expert, let alone beginner!, but are you relaxed enough when taking a shot?

Comment

not really lol im very tense...

could it be that?

Comment

stjimmy18-199, seriously, how about asking an orthopaedist?

Comment

Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
          stjimmy18-199, seriously, how about asking an orthopaedist?
          calm down it's only a game of snooker!

Comment

I get that occasionally too, I think it is like a repetitive strain injury but mainly caused by playing more than you would do normally. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you are tense then obviously try holding the cue with less force. There is a history in my family though of neck and back problems and I guess I'm more susceptible to it than most but I manage to play a fairly decent standard but only for about an hour and a half maximum.

Comment

Originally Posted by stjimmy18-1991 View Post
              calm down it's only a game of snooker!
              It's your shoulder, your pain, stjimmy18-1991

Comment

Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
                It's your shoulder, your pain, stjimmy18-1991
                Hey, please dont start fight here in TSF.
                I just told to couple of finnish billiard forum user that british people dont argue at TSF.

stjimmy18-1991, that 1991 is your birth year, right? So Gingerale, are you as young as he? He just asked help, and tried to find someone who could answer his question. I would do same thing, because orthopaedist costs money, and maybe he couldnt answer stjimmys question either.

So stjimmy is it your cuieng hand or bridge hand shoulder thats injured?
                I have problem with my bridge hand shoulder because I tend to turn my shoulder closer to my head.

Comment

When someone writes on here his 'muscle has really been hurting me' I really don't think it's a case to be solved on a virtual basis. But feel free going on with it. Peace.

Comment

Hi, ignore Gingerale.
                    I know what you mean, I'm guessing you only feel it the most when you put your bridge hand on the table for the first time you play snooker in that day. I used to get it similarly when my snooker hours doubled, but just give it a month and you'll soon be fine.
                    I'm no doctor but I'm sure its just the muscles getting used to doing something new extensively, plus if you are quite tense then you aren't comfortable yet. Relax the posture a bit, maybe you are also fully extending your bridge arm unnecessarily.

Besides, if it does persist, stretching is never a bad thing so you could try basic stretching, rotating your shoulders and neck muscles, kind of basic stuff they get you doing in gym @ school, before you play.

Comment

I cannot help on this really!
                      Sorry!

Comment

Originally Posted by kiely View Post
                        Hi, ignore Gingerale.
                        why ignore? I don't think there was anything ott in gingerale's post, just a polite advice if the pain really is unbearable, go and consult a doctor. of course, nobody knows how bad the author of the thread feels, but really, it's his health. He can be his own enemy and make it a chronic injury, but it's his choice really.
                        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

I had a really bad shoulder pain a fortnight ago. I played snooker at least 3 hours every day on that week though.

Comment

3 hours every day! You should be knocking in centuries galore playing that much, I only play on average twice a week for about a maximum of 3 hours total!

Comment

I dont play every day, that was a one off because I was off work.

But I play Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings from 10am to about 3pm (I have a match with my friend on Sunday).

Comment

Working...
                              X