shoulder pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    3 hours every day! You should be knocking in centuries galore playing that much, I only play on average twice a week for about a maximum of 3 hours total!
    And whats your maximum break?

I have only played couple years now, and practice 3-6 hours every day (depends on how busy it is on our club) for last two months ( I practiced even more a year ago. About 4-7 hours a day)

But still, I cant make breaks over 50. Maybe Im not just "built" to this game.
    Oh, and I dont have coach or anything. Its frustrating to try solve my problems with just mirrors.

Comment

re/piruz

hiya its not about lots of practice its all about the basics like how your feet are, how your bridge hand is,how low you are to the table because you need to be balanced you can always improve your cueing from around the blue spot and concentrate on hitting the cue ball straight without applying side by the way my highest practice break is 134 and my highest match break was 87 i dont play alot now but dont worry just on potting refer to the basics everytime hope this advice helps you

Comment

Sometimes when i play for 3-4 hours i have pain in my upper left chest muscle, very close to the key bone. I bridge with my left hand. I suppose it's a result of stretching the bridge arm while cueing.

Comment

Hello guys. I thought of posting here as I have been a victim of this problem myself lately. But I have the pain in my bridge ar'm's tricep muscle.... I still have it and it has started bothering me at nights during my sleep time so its a little discouraging. Any concrete solution/suggestion is awaited...!
          "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

If it is that bad, I would go to the doctor.
            Then get some rest from snooker, find a coach that you can visit physically (I am sure Terry D will not feel jilted one bit ) as only having a coach to see what you are doing that a correct solution for you can be found.
            Have you had any luck finding a coach in Islamabad?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Sidd:

Get your doctor to refer you to a physiotherapist and also stop tensing up the bridge hand

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion DeanH. I would have done so already had I had an opportunity. However, there isn't a coach in Islamabad unfortunately and the one I have heard about is somewhere in Punjab and that is miles away from here. Anyway, for the time being my office routine also stops me from doing anything else but work I manage to play snooker hardly. Cant afford that luxury for the time being.

Well yes Terry I will focus on relaxing the bridge hand and see how that works. But yesterday my game went away AGAIN this is so frustrating you know that. I coudl not even pot a single red throughout and whenever I had a nice decent break building chance I would pot the first red or pot it and miss the next colour. The only break that I could make was two blues and a black in 3rd frame and the rest 5 were a shock to me really...!

This made me forget about the bridge arm pain thing. I only am saying this a million times today to myself that it is nothing other than two things and if I can get those done I will play better again- I do hope I am right? 1. loose grip 2. drive the cue through to the ball... lets see

I am also trying to find out what action of the arm is directly related to the tricep and shoulder joint; once I can find out that I think it will tell me why my arm is aching? lets see on that too...!!!
                "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by stjimmy18-1991 View Post
                  i've been going snooker pretty much lately, almost 4 times as much as normal, and after one session on sunday my shoulder/neck muscle has really been hurting me. its the trapezius muscle directly above your collar bone.

it hurts every time i go into a cueing position.

is it becuase ive been gripping the cue too tightly, or a small case of repetitive strain injury?

does anyone else get it?
                  same with me here. really painful. maybe because my cue action is not correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X