No announcement yet.

Coaches in Manchester area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the further inputs folks. I have been given some contact info for John Farnworth (who coaches Craig Steadman and Mitchell Mann) So will be dropping him a line soon, and will see what comes of it....
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

For anyone who may be interested; i met John Farnworth at cuemasters yesterday.

He got me to play a few shots; and then he did an impression of how i stood and cued compared to how i should do it. I was quite shocked at the difference.

I now know how to stand correctly and make my cueing action much shorter and more precise.

I could barely pot a ball though as i was concentrating so much on the technique. So now the hard work begins as its like starting from scratch all over again in a way....
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

i am glad you got sorted, it wont take long for you to feel comfortable again with your new stance/setup but,,,,, you must give it time,and then you will see an improvment in your game,,was craig there today ??????? i ask because john has worked with him for about the last ten years,and he is on the edge of the main tour now

Comment

Cheers - SW - i hope you are right - I practiced a bit more today, and beginning to get a bit more comfortable with all the changes....

I wasnt at Cuemasters today - i went yesterday - there was someone on a far table doing solo practice line ups - but i couldnt see who it was.

I've started keeping on eye on Craig Steadman's results now on GSC, and watched him on one of the video clips on there after you have told me about him; it would be great to have a Manchester player on the main tour.
          Last edited by dannyd0g; 8 July 2008, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
            Craig Harrison who is based at the Scala club in ST Helens is an excellent coach
            Out of interest what does chap charge?
            What does your one charge too Danny?

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
              Out of interest what does chap charge?
              What does your one charge too Danny?
              He charged £20 per hour, excluding table time.

Well worth it i would say.

Comment

Originally Posted by DesLennis1976 View Post
                Hey fellas....I live half way between Bolton and Manchester, and play at Stretford, for the team there....think there is an ex professional/current professional, who now coaches too - his name is James Leadbetter. Hope this helps your quest Danny Dog....Can prob get hold of his mobile, if its any good to ya?....And if ya fancy a bash over the summer mate, yell! Can come to Chorlton, no worries...

Rich
                does james still go in rileys in stretford? he worked there with me for a while and then started coaching in the altrincham one after i transferred there.
                he's a cracking player a lot of guys in alty said they learned a lot from him too.
                Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X