No announcement yet.

The line-up and break building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im too young for most clubs but ive finally found one that will let me in about 9 weeks ago so ill be playing in division 7 in september

Comment

14 and 90 breaks after 5 years - only in division 7; we cudda been short of quality players next season!
      Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

only thing is playing for a team you only get 1 frame wich in my opinion isint really enough to i need atleast 3 frames to get anywhere near 80 we had 1 person in my club that was on a break of 98 and missed the green after playing 12 rubbish frames

Comment

Aww, i would of been gutted if i had missed on 98, was the green simple or hard?
          I love the game of snooker :) (even though my mates think that its just a load of balls :D )

Comment

it's like that in our league, but we entertain billiards too so if we're at a club with only 1 table we hope there's a Sky match on, a generous fruity or the craic is bubblin and no-one minds us laughin like loons; mini bottles of shiraz at £1 each helps!

In the neighbouring Harrow League (Alfie Burden, Quinten Hann etc) they've 6 men teams each getting 2 frames which gives them a chance to lock-on and in my first team, we used to say, "on blob". (The best player in our League last year is jacking it in now I think... "issues" !!, he used to be a Pro, mostly in Neddderlands. He got a 99 2 years ago, and someone else in his team got another 99'er the year before, but that was a clearance so cudnae get anymore. I seem to play my best when the opponents are the type you love to hate; either rally unfriendly, don't give you a game after or their banter's really personal and such a mask for their insecurities. Hoooj (as BB's Anthony would say) incident at our club this past season that eventually went to the Chairman of the League to deal with.

(http://www.hdsbl.org.uk/ to see the Harrow stuff)

If you can get some decent frames in before the match and play first, it can sometimes help but then again, some nights you can just feel like the balls are on rails that you need a nudge to fly in no matter what.... doesn't matter how late a night you had, how many Scrumpy Jacks you've necked, how hungry you are, how much grief you've dealt with in the day; or anything, it's great to think back on certain shots you played well even years later, "grandchildren pots", we used to call em.

I need a 24hr club round the corner, just fancy nippin out and knocking in the next tip !!!!!!
            Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

think it was a fairly simple green just nerves that got to him i suppose.the club i am hoping to join next year is just around the corner and when you join they give you a key so you can go in whenever you want. only problem is there is only 1 table. the club i go to now is about half a hours drive away so my dad only takes me once a week every saturday. but this month sometime our club is going under new ownership.

Comment

nerves, schmerves, I missed the last brown on 96 the other week - but it's only a game; who cares. My first club was only a 10 minute walk away and when I went back last year I played doubles all night long and the table felt like a 6 by 3 - such a great feelin - nearly as good as seeing one of the bar staff swiggin back tonnes of vodka when he thought no-one was lookin; but we could see him quite clearly in the reflection of the inspection window..... best laff was when he took another slug and stumbled forward face first into a box of quavers!!!!! oh god, do it again!!!!

Once a week, grief, imagine what you'll do when you or one of your mates gets a car - happy days.

How did Maxwell get evicted - no justice.

Comment

im actchly getting a tractor licince in 2 years

Comment

a tra-orr... get a trailer for your snooker buds, great annecdote for later life stardom; unless it's infamy like Gary Coleman, drather itbe Gary Oldman - there's a golfer at the Scottish Open that's the great man's doppelganger too.

Comment

ive only got 1 trailer and its not mine and i am trying to get a quad bike

Comment

Working...
                      X