Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

My cue has a 30mm butt diameter.

How much time is needed for a skilled cuemaker to re-taper the whole cue, so that it has a butt diameter of 29.5mm.

Thankyou

Comment

Hi Shaun - reducing the butt diameter by 1/2mm will take very little time, however you ask about a full retaper so I need to know the tip size and whether you want this reduced as well - also if you have a vernier guage take readings at regular intervals of say 12" along your cue from butt to tip and let me know so I can get some idea of the current taper and what may need to be done to run a new straight taper for you
      www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Hi Keith - My cue has a tip of 9.5mm, i would like it to stay like that, the cue is alittle bit THICK for my liking, and also there is a couple of fairly heavy scratches where my bridge hand glides.

S i was hopeing i could get the shaft (shaved) ?down alittle bit.

If that makes sense

thankyou

Comment

Hi Shaun - Yes it all makes sense and even more so to run a proper straight taper from butt to tip. This will take out all dents and scratches and will finish like a new cue. Due to various problems with the lacquer finish I was experimenting with - I no longer offer this finish - all my cues are now back to how they always were - that is sealed, oiled and polished. This has for the last 30 years always been a superb finish for me, but if you don't try things then you never progress. Some you win some you lose but as with anything if you stand still you never get anywhere. I'll also ensure that your cue is straight and if not will straighten it free of charge for you when I do the re-taper and re-polish. If you want to send your cue over then the cost to do this job will be stg.£40 + carriage. You can go to my website - www.cuemaker.co.uk - for the address to send the cue to and make payment via the paypal facility there

Regards - Keith
          www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X