Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons for your major breakthrough of your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons for your major breakthrough of your game?

Hi,

Please share how you achieved a major breakthorugh in your snooker game?

e.g: change of cue?
    change of cue action (pause, swing, alignement, be precise please) ?

My major breakthrough achieved was gripping the cue at a more forward position, my break improved from my highest of 52 to 92.

Thanks

Hey mchpddl1 good thread. Ive recently felt ive gone up a few "gears" so to speak but cant really put it down to anything other than hard work and more hours on the practice table although thats where i seem to have left my game as i cant take it into matches. Holding the cue further up the shaft definatley gives you more control. Well done and im sure the big 100 isnt too far away.

Good Luck.
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

There were no other when we had to put up a team.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Beyond astute coaching and regular correct practising of the shots you tend to miss,
        the secret ingredient... the magic potion... is...

The Buffalo Theory (as explained by Cliff in 'Cheers')

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it it the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
        In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.
        Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
        And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter (and play snooker better) after a few beers."

Cheers!

=o)

Noel

Comment

You know when you've been standing a long time,waiting,you can relax your leg by sort of sitting down on your hip.When you have had a few minutes on one leg,you swap over and give the other one a go,this often happens to me in shoe shopsWell,years ago I suddenly took to doing this when I was down on my shot.
          Straight away there was an immediate improvement in my potting ability,I was hitting the ball much more accurately,my mates accused me of having coaching.
          Sadly the magic gradually wore off and I was back to my old sloppy action.I haven't tried it for a long while,I think I'll give it a go tomorrow.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
            Beyond astute coaching and regular correct practising of the shots you tend to miss,
            the secret ingredient... the magic potion... is...

The Buffalo Theory (as explained by Cliff in 'Cheers')

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it it the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
            In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.
            Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
            And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter (and play snooker better) after a few beers."

Cheers!

=o)

Noel
            That is assuming I do have some stronger brain cells...there is a risk of getting all them killed at once. I think i will pass.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Another cause of my improvement is shoes.

I find that when i wear high friction shoes, i am much more stable than slippery ones. Not sure if it works for otehrs, it gives me more stability...especially on carpets

Comment

It could be new happiness, relaxation, confidence, friendship the list is endless really.

Comment

The pause before delivering the cue, the cue ball reacts much better...
                  WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Comment

I have tried to relax my shoulder when I stroke on my final delivery, and my long potting rate has increased.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

my major breakthrough is to change my mentality, become more calm in the game, and read more about aiming, bouncing , and i learned to add english by myself.Lol

Comment

the biggest improvement in my game started when i started to get free table time!
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Gripping the cue very lightly
                          Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Im yet to reach my snooker breakthrough.

as a league pool player i feel my game went up a level when i was made vice-captain so responsibility and expectation have done the trick for me.

i also play better when i'm nervous
                            Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

I improved when i relaxed , i am an average club player , i have reached 9 semi finals in local tounaments , some beaten by the better player ,some i lost before i got on the table ,and one i bottled it . i stopped playing for ten years . started again 3 years ago and since then reached three semis and two of them converted to finals . i lost both finals, one on black best of 7 , but the point is i was totally relaxed in both the semis [and finals ], my opponent 's could not read my emotions and they eventually cracked [ in the semis ]. Its not allways about potting /break building ,its a game of psycology as well . if you are relaxed and assured it creates doubt in your opponent ,he may just miss one shot per frame ,or refuse a pot ,but that could be the difference .
                              When you start reaching finals it becomes a devine right , even to the amataur , why do you think hendry reached so many finals ,its a aurra . If i reach another semi i now know what to do .
                              Ps i lost both finals , one to a pro pool player who sneeked in the draw , and the other sportingly not taking a miss on the final pink in the final frame . doh !

Comment

Working...
                              X