Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons for your major breakthrough of your game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a major breakthrough occured in my game when i watched one of steve davis coaching videos. it was all about keep your head still and when i was playing a shot i would think "keep your head still" and it made the hell of a difference for me. i went from a 20 break player to a 40 break player, and the next difference was keeping my eyes focused on the potting angle as i am delievering the cue. this made me go from the 40 break player to the 60 and 70 break player, and all of this happened within a week!
    Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
    HB match: 81

Comment

I really think that the Stance is so important. If you don't have a good solid stance then you will cue across the ball. I have seen some very strange stances in clubs. For example Men standing with two straight legs or two bent legs.
      At the moment I'm working on keeping every part of my body still on the shot apart from below the elbow. I'm also avoiding using side unless totally necessary. Another thing I've been working on using the line-up. That is a good way to improve break building. However, I'm still finding long range potting very tough. That is why I'm working on the basics. If I can get the basics right and push the cue through straight along the correct line of aim then I'm hopeful I can pot more long balls. Practising straight 8 foot shots plain ball really shows how straight you are cueing.

Comment

Working...
      X