Top Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Spin

I've read a lot about backspin, but not so much about top spin.

Do the same technics apply for topspin, except that you hit the white ball above and not below the center?

I'm asking because I find it lot more difficult to see if the white has topspin than backspin.

Do you for example also concentrate on hitting through the white ball?

Stefan

try youtube and watch terry griffiths vids or understanding modern snooker with jack karnehm both of these have helped me

Comment

The techniques are the same for top as backspin. Cue parallel to the table, follow through 6-8 inches (depending on strength needed) except apply above centre striking to the cue ball.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
        I've read a lot about backspin, but not so much about top spin.

Do the same technics apply for topspin, except that you hit the white ball above and not below the center?

I'm asking because I find it lot more difficult to see if the white has topspin than backspin.

Do you for example also concentrate on hitting through the white ball?

Stefan
        blimey Stefan, do you play on the bare slate or somthing? I personally find very reasonable top-spin isn't difficult ... not Ronnie type top-spin but very reasonable ...

it's back-spin that's the problem, however much I try, the cloth I play will kill the back-spin ... for the simple reason the cloth on the table gives friction on the bottom of the white - which, of course, it has to because otherwise, the white would never stop ...

it's the same with pro's on their superfine cloths ... one man's deep-screw over 1 foot between white and object ball is the same man's stun (stop the white dead instead of screwback) over say 6 foot between white and object ...

on the tables I play on, I wouldn't even think about back-spin over 12 foot ... not possible ... by that I mean, I could have put the back-spin on but friction with the cloth would have completely removed it over that distance ...

Comment

Working...
        X