Why are so many snooker players bald?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many snooker players bald?

In my day it was only the old fellers that were bald and that was because of age. Today, even the young 'uns are losing their hair. Could it be the new chalk - the stuff that doesn't stick to the balls as much as it used to? Perhaps it's getting into the air instead and clogging the folicles? Very scary.

The balder you are, the better player you are

Comment

Spam rocks!!
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        Spam rocks!!
        I thought he was a fellow baldy like me

Comment

Originally Posted by Alan Tibbles View Post
          In my day it was only the old fellers that were bald and that was because of age. Today, even the young 'uns are losing their hair. Could it be the new chalk - the stuff that doesn't stick to the balls as much as it used to? Perhaps it's getting into the air instead and clogging the folicles? Very scary.
          We become one with the cue ball. It is the TAOM way ......resistance is futile!
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I think you're right, come to think of it no one in history ever went bald until three years ago when Taom chalk became popular.
            That is a fact, it may be wrong but it's still a fact.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

May be modern training schedules? Before Steve Davis, players did not spend systematically 8 hours a day on training - which made SD the dominant player for years. Nowadays, almost every pro seems to take at least 6 hours every day for practice: this means no fresh air and no natural light all day long, rooms with no windows and poor ventilation even in the best facilities. I think that many pros look much older than their actual age -- not only Higgins, even younger generations like Lisowski and Trump, or even Chris Wakelin who is 29, look older. I remember during the 2020 lockdown, when barbers where closed, some players in their 20s showed some grey hair that was previously hidden (artificially, but we didn't know). I suspect it's down to lack of outdoors exercise and spending all your mental energies into a snooker room, which can easily feel like a "cage" sometimes.

Comment

McGill is letting his hair grow back and he has beaten Selby and is in the quarters. Trump is rapidly losing his and was beaten last night by The Angry Farmer .Selt and Brecel have noticed this and Brecel has asked Jimmy White where he gets his rugs made ( to ensure he does not use the same supplier) Selt is applying solutions of wet chicken manure to his bald pate ( supplied by Gilbert ) Remember what happened to Sampson .

Comment

Back in my day the combe over was king, today it's the Robert Duvall crew cut or Yul Brynner shaven look, unless you're Jimmy White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBjEJXPKWc
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Back in my day the combe over was king, today it's the Robert Duvall crew cut or Yul Brynner shaven look, unless you're Jimmy White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBjEJXPKWc
                    love it, thanks for the reminder of these adverts
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Okay, I think we're on to something. Cue Crafty and Itsnoteasy have raised some serious issues here. One is environmental the other is TAOM chalk. Perhaps it's even more sinister than that (don't discount the Russkies). Whatever the cause, it's worrying and needs to be stamped out before, God forbid, the Rocket himself succumbs. Urghh! A Royal Commission perhaps?

Comment

Okay, I think we're on to something. Cue Crafty and Itsnoteasy have raised some serious issues here. One is environmental the other is TAOM chalk. Perhaps it's even more sinister than that (don't discount the Russkies). Whatever the cause, it's worrying and needs to be stamped out before, God forbid, the Rocket himself succumbs. Urghh! A Royal Commission perhaps?
                        Is it just a coincidence we have a Trump playing snooker? The Donald is to blame for the entire worlds problems and maybe his son is to blame for the hairless snooker players.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It's being passed on to the referees now too! On TV right now we have Monkey , Pigsy and Triptaka.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Well baldity has mostly to do with genetics and somewhat to nutrition.Scalp factors play no role in it(1% at max). It has to do with amount of DHT and androgenic recepters in the scalp. If most of the pros are going bald then I would research on if there is a correction between balding genes and interest in snooker. If most of the pool players are also going bald then it could be the oneness with shiny polished looking balls, if not then it could be the desire to get a nap on their head (AKA projection).

PS. Above comment was posted only for humor's sake.
                            Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I think you're right, come to think of it no one in history ever went bald until three years ago when Taom chalk became popular.
                              That is a fact, it may be wrong but it's still a fact.
                              I blame the health and safety executive and the introduction of hard hats to industry. These plastic hats are held in place by a thin band that cuts off the blood flow to the scalp, that's my excuse anyway as we have to wear one when using the pallet wrapping machine even though there's nothing above our heads that can fall on us apart from the factory roof and again on the forklift when it has a safety cab
                              Managers eh!
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X