Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evenin'

Hey guys and gals

I'm John, I'm 19 from London, England - I'm a very amateur player, I play once or twice a week with a mate down the local hall - breaks are usually around 25/30 and I would be lucky to hit over 80 for the frame.

My name "Lao Shi" means "Teacher" in Mandarin Chinese, it was a nickname given to me by a friend who moved from China to England - and at the time spoke very little English. My school asked me to be his "buddy" as I spoke a little Mandarin, so I helped him with his English and adapting to life in England - and since then he has called me "Lao Shi" ... kinda nerdy story .. I know But it was all I could think of as a nickname when I was signing up.

I'm here to try and pick up some tips and advice to help me improve my game, this place looks really nice as forums go, and I am looking forward to getting posting - unfortunately as a very inexperienced player I have little wisdom to offer so I apologise now for that.

Anyway Thanks for having me and if you wana chat to a n00b then please don't hesitate to fire me a PM

John

Welcome to the forum John

Comment

Originally Posted by Lao Shi View Post
      Hey guys and gals

I'm John, I'm 19 from London, England - I'm a very amateur player, I play once or twice a week with a mate down the local hall - breaks are usually around 25/30 and I would be lucky to hit over 80 for the frame.

My name "Lao Shi" means "Teacher" in Mandarin Chinese, it was a nickname given to me by a friend who moved from China to England - and at the time spoke very little English. My school asked me to be his "buddy" as I spoke a little Mandarin, so I helped him with his English and adapting to life in England - and since then he has called me "Lao Shi" ... kinda nerdy story .. I know But it was all I could think of as a nickname when I was signing up.

I'm here to try and pick up some tips and advice to help me improve my game, this place looks really nice as forums go, and I am looking forward to getting posting - unfortunately as a very inexperienced player I have little wisdom to offer so I apologise now for that.

Anyway Thanks for having me and if you wana chat to a n00b then please don't hesitate to fire me a PM

John
      hi john and welcome to the forum.

where abouts in london are ya mate? im also in london and play regularly!!

Comment

Hello John & welcome to the forum.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
          hi john and welcome to the forum.

where abouts in london are ya mate? im also in london and play regularly!!
          I'm from Barnet, North London, yourself?

Comment

Welcome teacher. I get my mandarin mixed up. To me, "Lao Shi" sounds like "Mice" and then it also sounds like "lawyer" LOL. Tell your buddy that.
            Welcome to the forums!
            只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

hehe

xie xie ni JiangYu

Lao Shu = mouse in Mandarin which I don't mind too much, kinda cute. But lawyer - eww!

Thanks for the welcome

Zai Jian!

Comment

hehe

xie xie ni JiangYu

Lao Shu = mouse in Mandarin which I don't mind too much, kinda cute. But lawyer - eww!

Thanks for the welcome

Zai Jian!
                lol. I'm Cantonese. I have trouble speaking mandarin but I understand a little. And you are welcome. In Cantonese Mouse is "Louw Shoo" and Lawyer is "Lut Xi". I am a trainee lawyer as well.

Joy Gine is Goodbye instead of Zai Jian.
                Last edited by JiangYu; 17 July 2009, 11:47 PM.
                只讓我們相戀 這一季的秋天, 飄落後才發現 這幸福的碎片。要我怎麼撿。

Comment

Welcome to TSF, Lao Shi!

Thanks for the language lesson (JiangYu too), it was interesting, really. Your nickname fits you very well.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys

I'm from Barnet, North London, yourself?
                    catford south london

Comment

Hope you enjoy your stay at TSF

Comment

Working...
                      X