New member from Northern Ireland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Northern Ireland!

Hi all, just joined the forum yesterday, i am a snooker enthusiast from Northern Ireland, who joined the site for some tips and advice, and also to gain a better knowledge in the sport!

I have been playing since October 2009, putting in arond 3-4 hours per week practice, and am hoping to join a club in the forseable future! Highest breaks arent impressive, and not consistent (30-40) but hope to build on this!

Hello and welcome. Whats with the Angry Smiley ? Why are you angry on your first post ?
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

welcome. where have you been practicing if you are yet to join a club?
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

welcome, were are you playing out of ?

Comment

Welcome to the forum.:snooker:
          2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
          2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
          2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Hi

Welcome to the Forum!

I am from Northern Ireland too. Limavady, to be precise.

Cheers,
            Benjamin
            Name: Benjamin Hegan Age:15

Best Matchplay Break : 55.

Best Practice break (line up) : 91.

Comment

Welcome aboard mate..
              Make sure you play with the right technique and frequent practise will surely improve your HB.
              All the best

Comment

I put the smiley in because my high breaks are pathetic! Haha! I have been practising at my locals with some friends, around 4 hours max per week, but my Girlfriends cousin plays at international level (NI Billiards) and asked me down for a few frames around two weeks ago.

Although i got beat severely (obviously) he said that i have good potential and told me to work on my weaknesses, and as head of his teams comitee, hes going to get me forms to join the club, so i can practice on good quality tables, and spend more time on the practice table. The tables i currently practice on are very poor, as it is a public snooker hall, and the cloths are very very old, and the tables are generally not treated very well.

I just joined the forum to try and get some good advice to help me along, as i am really interested in the sport, and hope to play at a good consistent level in the foreseable future!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

Comment

Just wondering, when you were a beginner, how many hours per week where you practicising?

Comment

I'm a beginner player been playing since december last yr putting in bout 3 hrs a week but I clearly think its not enough...but obviously I do have other priorities first as I am a uni student. But on the other hand I am gradually getting better.

This game is all about practising; even if its just knocking one ball for hours on end.
                    "Where's the white going?"

Comment

Working...
                    X