I'm new too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new too!

Hello all... I'm new to the whole snooker thing, but looking forward to learning from pros (that's you) about the world of snooker. I've got loads of questions, like "what makes a good snooker cue?" "what makes a bad snooker cue?" "Can a spectator of the sport learn enough to get a spot on the pro tour?" etc etc...

Earliest memory of snooker: collecting the balls as they were potted and just about being able to reach up and pop them back on the table - I was a very helpful child! haha!!

Hi fella, welcome aboard....

Ant...:snooker:

Comment

Welcome to TSF.

Comment

Suppose some would say I'm more like a fella than most... a pretty fella though... however, I'm a laydee... ;-)

Comment

Thanks very much! So... how long has this forum been going?

Comment

Welcome mate

few years...

Comment

Originally Posted by ivegotthepower View Post
              Suppose some would say I'm more like a fella than most... a pretty fella though... however, I'm a laydee... ;-)
              Oops, sorry about that....

Welcome even more in that case then...:snooker:

Comment

Is tha you in your profile pic?....

If so, HELLOOOOOOOO....How's you doin....Lol...

If that is you, what's the trophy for

Comment

LOL!! Yes, yes that's me holding the PDC World Darts Championship trophy... my friend let me mind it for him! hehe!!

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
                    There's a nice search button top right. an I'm sure all the questions you have, would have been answered already

nice pic, pretty indeed
                    If practice makes perfect, and no one's perfect, then why practice?

Comment

Originally Posted by ivegotthepower View Post
                      LOL!! Yes, yes that's me holding the PDC World Darts Championship trophy... my friend let me mind it for him! hehe!!
                      Cool....

Loads of info here, if ya need 'owt, i'm always happy to help a laydee in need like...:snooker:....

Comment

cally are your balls ok

Comment

Not really...

Comment

LOL @Flame - exactly what I was thinking, but not in a concerned can I help kinda way!

Thanks Cally - I feel right at home...

Maybe you can help me... what's the best manufacturer of cues and why do think so? I need to get me one and wonder what's the difference between the brands, who are the adidas and nike of cues and who are the wannabes?

Comment

This has been asked and discussed loads, have a search about and make your own mind up is best i would say...theres loads of cuemakers that can make a top cue.

But i will say.... Trevor white is my first choice of cuemaker, not only because of the quality but because being made in wales makes it that bit more special for me too...

You knows how proud us welsh are eh...
                              Last edited by cally; 22 March 2010, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X