Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this will get rid of that annoying message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Panda,
    Steve is alright. His mimic is unique. He seems to be so eager to convey his thoughts to all watching. I think, I saw him doing trick shots, before getting into snooker at all.

Comment

Davis is several times world snooker trickshot champion, I think. He's great at trickshots and even better at entertaining the public.
      ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness

Davis

He's great at trickshots

...but i am better.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
          ...but i am better.
          Semih, I believe you

have you seen the thread on BBC (Top 3 snooker players ever) about John Virgo the greatest player? Hilarious
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
            ...but i am better.
            ...at entertaining the public I assume, and not with trickshots!

Steve is indeed a trickshot champ several times over, as well as a couple of noteworthy victories in the real game throughout the 80s, I think. And let's not forget his captaincy of the European Mosconi Cup team. He's surely got to rival Chris Melling for all-round cueist.

Comment

Originally Posted by Frigid Panda
              ...at entertaining the public I assume, and not with trickshots!

ive sent you a link by PM.

if you still think steves better than semih sayginer after you watch it, you blink far too slowly.

Comment

That's a near-illegal level of snooker abstrusity. If I wasn't a cynical panda I'd be overawed, but I'd have to see that in the flesh with my own black eyes to believe it wasn't just a cleverly doctored video. Simply conceiving half those shots is tantamount to genius, never mind the execution. If that's genuine then I bow my ursine head, but surely it can't be.

Those shots would probably only be possible with balls that were nearer table-tennis balls than snooker balls. I hope you believe that as well and weren't sucked in by it all. Thanks for a very entertaining video though, this thread has been interesting.

Comment

it is indeed real

there many a carom player who do trick shots like these.

im not going into why its possible, but it is

im not particularly bothered whether people dont think its real. its that good it makes people wonder, but in the carom world, many have been to these exhibitions which are usually held at tournaments. (particulrly american tournaments)

theres places available to watch actual matches from tournaments. some free. on these youll find excellent shotmaking which are "run of the mill" which IMHO betters trick shots by most "amateurs" at them

Comment

I assume you mean this one:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTn3MSTULE otherwise just ignore my message

We had a big debate about this some time ago, don't remember if it was here or on the BBC board but anyway, THIS VIDEO IS GENUINE!

I bet half of the people critizing this film have never even seen a carom table/set of balls, let alone played it. I have, and although I am certainly not a good player at all, I can assure you those shots executed in the video are possible.

Comment

@Hege, thank for the above link

@Semi, great entertainer. .You are so good. Congrats. I am glad to know now who you are.
                      Men play the game, women know the score

Comment

Semih isn't Semih if you know what I mean, Sunflower.

Comment

but on the other hand Semih hasn't said he is not Semih, if you know what I mean, hegeland
                          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Semih has said he is not Semih, if you know what I mean.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/showt...86-page_2.html

Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

yes Obli, he has said he is not Semih Sayginer. he can be some other Semih though

ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

lol
                                Science is a refinement of everyday thinking -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X