another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg Thank you Sunflower I am feeling so... proud of myself now

Luckily, there are so many knowledgeable and most of all very nice people on this forum that everyone can be sure to receive any help when needed
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
      Omg Thank you Sunflower I am feeling so... proud of myself now

Luckily, there are so many knowledgeable and most of all very nice people on this forum that everyone can be sure to receive any help when needed
      I am proud of you, too.
      Men play the game, women know the score

Comment

Originally Posted by ariososi
        I am more familiar with his symphonies (very enjoyable easy listening) and ofcourse his string-quartets.
        Oh dear I was confused, I had Joseph Haydn in my head! That certainly is not Händel! This will cost me rep points

Comment

Oh dear I was confused, I had Joseph Haydn in my head! That certainly is not Händel! This will cost me rep points
          Okay I am going to take away the points from you. .
          Händel and Haydn are not too far awy from each other. I like the two of them. My big Fav. is Mozart. .

Comment

Hi all, been busy getting the league organised it kicks off on 11th Oct with 14 teams and various competitions.
            Will visit a bit more often in the future.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sunflower
              Okay I am going to take away the points from you. .
              Händel and Haydn are not too far awy from each other. I like the two of them. My big Fav. is Mozart. .
              I have 11 now
              Anyway: Mozart is brilliant (a natural talent, like Ronnie ) Mozart was my 'first love' in classical music, and still has a special place in my heart. They say wen you start with Mozart als fav, you eventually will come back to him. Has not happend to me yet though. My fav Mozartpiece is the Sinfonia Concertante, KV.297b.

Comment

I have 11 now
                Anyway: Mozart is brilliant (a natural talent, like Ronnie ) Mozart was my 'first love' in classical music, and still has a special place in my heart. They say wen you start with Mozart als fav, you eventually will come back to him. Has not happend to me yet though. My fav Mozartpiece is the Sinfonia Concertante, KV.297b.
                the Mozart of Snooker - could be the nickname of Ronnie, Ebdon once said he is playing like Mozart.
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Well, be careful there. Mozart died at age 35...

Comment

Mozart once said: 'I compose like pigs p*ssing'. I wonder how Ronnie at home (maybe late in the evening) describes his own snookerplay...

Comment

Mozart once said: 'I compose like pigs p*ssing'. I wonder how Ronnie at home (maybe late in the evening) describes his own snookerplay...
                      Late in the evening?. He won't describe anything. He will be doing something
                      much better, I hope. (Sleeping, btw) .

My musical favs of all times are "Don Giovanni" ( what else) and KV 550.
                      At my funeral I will force them to listen to the latter. I have already informed potential visitors so that they have a chance to stay away.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sunflower
                        ...and KV 550.
                        What would that be?
                        Sorry, being at work, I left my Köchel at home by accident. (Mind you, I actualy once - being a student low on money - bought the official Köchel Verzeignis, the very one; it was quite expensive It tells you how much a fan I was in those days...)

Comment

Originally Posted by April madness
                          the Mozart of Snooker - could be the nickname of Ronnie, Ebdon once said he is playing like Mozart.
                          When they say Ronnie is the God of snooker, I think he (R. not God) deserves this. When they say, he is the Mozart of snooker, I get a little puzzled.
                          In that case I can't make a decision about who deserves whom. .

Comment

What would that be?
                            Sorry, being at work, I left my Köchel at home by accident. (Mind you, I actualy once - being a student low on money - bought the official Köchel Verzeignis, the very one; it was quite expensive It tells you how much a fan I was in those days...)
                            Thumbs up to the student you used to be. .

It is Symphony no. 40 G minor
                            The other piece of music they have to undergo will be "These are the days of our lives" by Queen. And don't tell me, please, they don't fit together. You may be right, but it is m y funeral. .
                            And Ronnie wouldn't come over to sing.

Comment

Hi ariososi, you replied to me but I cannot find it, am new to the sight and not quite sure how to use it. I am not one for chat room but I find this one helpful and intereasing. Nice to meet you, hope to be in contact soon.
                              Robin

Comment

I didn't reply to you (untill now that is). I replied to an earlier post on this thread. I didn't replie to your post (nr. 35) because it seemed to have nothing to do with the discussion going on (you said something about getting the league organised (?)). Maybe - being new here - you pushed the 'reply'-button at the wrong place? Doesn't matter. I'm new here too, and still sorting things out. Nice to meet you too.

Comment

Working...
                                X