Newbie from South of England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from South of England!

Hi there, i was hoping to source some help about building cues and certainly looks like i've come to the right place!! I haven't had a lot of time to search the forum yet, but am wondering if anyone can help me....

I am currently in the first stages of building my first cue and have sourced most of the components, struggling to find the finishing pieces though.... the mini joint in the bottom of the butt section, used for connecting a variety of extensions. I really like the john parris mini joint as its very indiscreet. Does anyone out there know where to get hold of parts like this, or anything similar.

I will gradually start to use the forum more and hopefully post stage by stage photos of my first cues being built!!

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!!

Regards

Scott
    ''An aspiring cue builder from the south''

Welcome to the forum mate.

When you read the forum you will see a few others have started making cues recently and the results are stunning.

Check out Jason Owens thread and results.

As for the cue joints, There is a guy on here called stan-mullin who sells them or contact the cue makers direct and ask to buy some of their joints.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the cues.

Comment

"indiscreet" - I think you may have meant discreet
      Anyway, welcome to TSF Scott9993, as you will find out there is much on this forum about cue making, etc., and many of the UK cue makers are members and will help a budding cuemaker thought the learning process.
      Best of luck to you in your endeavour.
      Don't forget to post photos as you progress, many on the forum do like to see for themselves what is being done.
      You will have to wait till 10 posts before full functionality (like attaching images, etc) becomes available to you.
      I believe that posts on the Newbie forum do not count
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the speedy responses, and yes i did mean discreet, thanks!! Found the contact info for stan, thanks, ill try give him a ring today!! Im sure ill be on here asking more questions in the coming weeks.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Scott.

Jason Owen is a good one for you to get in touch with. He'll probably be able to help you get parts.

Robin Cook sells the male and female but joints, but I don't know how much they are. Also, Craftsman sell joints (not sure if they do the butt joints, but they definately sell the 3/4 joint). I also think mike woodridge does them, so might be worth looking at his shop site thing-a-me-bob......

It is hard work building your first cue (I'm still doing mine) but an enjoyable task, so good luck with it, and keep us posted.
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Working...
          X