X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN INTERVIEW WITH: Thinsy

Hi, I'm Thinsy.

Q:Where the hell did Thinsy come from?

A: There is three correct answers for this...
    i) Norfolk, England. (East Anglia)
    ii) The 606 forum
    iii) It was early hours of the morning about 12 hours into a sponsored 24 hour Snooker/Pool/Darts event in a quaint little town called Holt... I was playing pool, very well I might add, and after I beat my opponent again he decided Holt had its very own 'Minnesotta Fats'.... Holt Thins.... Eventually it became just 'THINSY'

Q: How long have you enjoyed snooker?

A: I have watched snooker since I was about 14 (1985). It was ok i could take it or leave it, until that very late night (World Championship - S Davis v D Taylor) What excitement... The Nugget IS Human!!!

Q: When did you start playing?

A: As a youngster I used to race motorbikes... Broke my knee at 12... at 14 two lads I knew were paralized and an 8 year old was killed doing this... My mum was worried for me... My dad got me watching snooker... Then he took me to a club. We started to go every Sunday at 10am and played until about 8pm only stopping for food.

Q: How good are you?

A: I started playing every day when i was 17. When I passed my driving test I quit my full time job in exchange for two part time jobs, one selling TV's in a supermarket and the other looking after the tables in a snooker club in exchange for tabletime. I became a good practice player but couldn't perform when it mattered... Although I knocked in regular 70/80 breaks it was 7/8 years before I made my first Ton... Somehow with age and less practice time I became a better player... and make regular centuries as well as performing when its required.

Q: What is your highest break?

A: My highest in practice is 136. In a match I have had 134 (missed the final tricky black for 141). I once had 2 centuries in one night, the frame following the second ton I missed the blue on 96 )

Q: Who will win the 2007 World Championship?

A: I think Ronnie will win... I am a Ronnie fan (I am not a Ronnie Fanatic)... Seriously, I think he wants to prove a point and will be focused. I really hope we have a Hendry/O'sullivan final

However, how can anyone pick a winner these days... the days of domination are gone!!!

Q: Who is the best ever Player?

A: I love this question because the answer is easy.... err... err... err... PASS
    Ronnie is the most natural player (IMO)
    Hendry is the most succesfull (FACT)
    Davis (Steve) is the 'Father of Snooker'
    Davis (Joe) is the 'GODFATHER'

Q: Do you always bore people to death on these forums?

A: I hope that I don't... but, I probably do!!!

ANY MORE QUESTIONS? (Excluding the obvious insultive ones)
    Highest Break
    Practice: 136 (2005)
    Match: 134 (2006)
    In 2011: 94
    Centuries made: 50+

welcome Thinsy.

I share your hope for a Ronnie Hendry Final, although not your abilty at playing unfortunately.
    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Welcome to TSF!
      2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Welcome Thinsy.

An O'Sullivan/Hendry final would be more than welcome although preferably it will be a Higgins/Hendry final.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Welcome thinsy. Hope to have plenty of good chats with you in the future.

Comment

good intro! Welcome over here

Comment

Welcome thinsy good to see you here.

Comment

Welcome Thinsy!
                Nice and different introduction
                “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Hi,Thinsy! We spoke before in the chat I think.
                  Nice intro,and welcome

Comment

hello there. ur slightly nutty! u'll fee right at home here! a little nutty is very good!
                    good to have u here.

Comment

Working...
                    X