Hello from Germany!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Germany!

A hearty HELLO to everybody & many greetings from the green heart of Germany - Thuringia !

Welcome oymyakon!
    A good friend of mine moved to germany, jena (thuringia??) last year. He said, people'd be nice there.
    big smile
    Sienna

Comment

Hi Sienna,

yes - Jena is a Thuringian University town and home of well known "Zeiss"-glasses.
      Gladly I return the compliment - 2 days ago I came back from Cambridge (my third visit to England) and people there always are kindly and charming (...the same like some years ago at London...).

(Yes, certainly I've been watching World Ladies Champs at CSC... :-), sadly only for one and a half day :-( ).
      greets
      oymyakon

Comment

Welcome to TSF!
        2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
        2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Hi oymyakon, welcome to TSF.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Cambridge, I've spent a good few hours (days/weeks) over at the CSC. It's a nice place, although it's the only club I know who'll charge you for a glass of tap water while you're paying £6/h for a table (what's that all about Phil ). Did you see Neil Robertson while you were there? He's quite something in practice.

Anyway, I hope your stay on TSF is a long and enjoyable one.

Comment

What a sincere reception! Thx - I'm sure here I'll feel good....

I couldn't arrive at CSC before Wednesday afternoon, so I saw the last shots of Ladies final & Doubles final, but whole mixed pairs event on next day. Neil I didn't saw there, but perhaps he was hidden under a table...:-). Perhaps I came across you there, Robert?

missneworleans, many greetings to the Ukraine! Gladly I remind my visit at Kiev 20 years ago....

Comment

Hello and Welcome to TSF, Oymyakon.
              Have fun!
              Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by oymyakon
                I couldn't arrive at CSC before Wednesday afternoon, so I saw the last shots of Ladies final & Doubles final, but whole mixed pairs event on next day. Neil I didn't saw there, but perhaps he was hidden under a table...:-). Perhaps I came across you there, Robert?
                Alas, I come home to Yorkshire between terms and the ladies events are in the middle of my easter vacation so I didn't get to see any of it. I'll try and make arrangements to stay in Cambridge for it next year though.

Neil seems to take quite long breaks after events before coming back to the club to practice so he might still have been recovering from China. Or he might have been under a table .

Comment

I hope at home you could recover from lectures & tuturials. Good friday tourists overkill was another good reason to spend your vacation at home, I think....:-) I sensed it and made the outer ring tour....churchill college, centre for math. science, Newton house,.... Til afternoon I saw scarcely anyone :-)
                  All in all I was impressed by the trip through 800 years education history. Almost I would like to study again...:-)
                  I thought anywhere I've read Neil have been there on one of the first worlds days. Before Beijing he was at Germany for an exhibtion tour and I've heard he will strike again at Paul Hunter Classics in august. The germans like him.

Comment

.....oh, Ranen...I'm sorry....greets to india and lets have fun! :-)

Comment

Hello and welcome Oymyakon!

We now have a thüringer Bratwurst onboard, no party is ever complete without one!

A day and a half of live snooker world champs sounds a lot better than nothing at all. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Are you by any chance going to Fürth in August?
                      Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Welcome to TSF!! Enjoy!!
                        2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Hi Maija,

is there a "ü" on Norwegian keyboards?? I'm amazed....and if its not a trick I've learned sth new... Glad to hear our Bratwurst serves his purpose also between the empty fjords near the arctic circle! :-)
                          At the moment I don't know exactly if I will have time for it, but if yes I'll try to get tickets. Do you want to go there?

Comment

I have been looking into getting tickets, but the organising team have still not found time to answer my email I'm not about to just go there and hope for Lady Luck to be kind. Well, I would if I was to go alone, but I digress.

No 'ü' on the Norwegian keyboard, but being the local wannabe-German I have a German keyboard
                            Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Don't know why they didn't answer you.
                              go to: www.paul-hunter-classics.de
                              choose a category you want have tickets for and book them.
                              an email incl. acknowledgement will close the contract.
                              ticket dispatch starts in june.

The lines are open since beginning of March so I think for some categories there are much more bookings than tickets (or will be when booking time is closed). In this case tickets will be distributed by lot.

Hope it helps you.....

Comment

Working...
                              X