tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips

hi i play 8ball and currently use a 3/4 cue with blue diamomd tip , they say these tips are softeset out but i recently found on ebay a tip called elk that i have heard of i was wondering what tip is softer and will give me more english on the cue ball

There is very little difference between an elk and a blue diamond they are by far the most popular for English pool and snooker, almost exclusive actually but there's a growing number prefering the laminated tip approach and switching to the likes of a talisman soft tip which is only slightly harder.

As for getting more English / side, I'd say the hardness of a tip is irrelevent but I've never tried a super soft or a super hard tip to actually say so from experience.

Comment

i would say that these days the elk is a better tip and its cheaper.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use elk masters and love them. I grew up using them and have had many years shooting with them. I've tried switching to a firmer tip (le pro) for my eight ball, but i find it too hard to control for my way of shooting. Snooker should not matter as much, but if you shoot firmer on an 8-ball table and rough up your tip a lot, you will have to replace it more often. In my mind i'm a little bias from using them for all these years, but it is the tip for me.
        Michael Jordan Plays Ball, Charles Manson Kills People, I Shoot Snooker

Comment

Working...
        X