Hey everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone

Hi, I'm new here. Hopefully, I can make some good contributions to this forum. I really enjoy watching and playing the game, but my high break is only 43. I saw some of the high breaks here earlier and it seems everyone is really good, so I'm looking forward to improving my game with some help and advice. Favourite player is Ronnie and that's about all there is to say. Hope to have fun on here.

Hi and welcome, Scissors61 Hopefully you'll have a great time on forum!
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Leatherhead is not a million miles from Chandler's Ford. If you are under-21 we could help with some quality tournaments. In fact, if you are over 21 we could also help.

Tim Dunkley
      http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes April madness and snookerdad. I'd like to hear more about these Chandler's Ford tournaments please. I played today with a friend and won 3-0 with a high break of 28. I need to play with some better people though. I could have played a lot worse and still won, no offence to him or anything. Maybe a tournament would help. I wouldn't mind losing to better players if it'll help me learn. Anyway, let me know about the tournaments please, there's nothing around here for me.

Comment

Welcome Scissors61

Question.. Where is the name from?

My guess is that you are a barber and was born in 61 or...... you like the scissor sisters and are 61...lol

Q
          Looking for a uk, brand new car or van?, look no further, drop me an email or pager now, I will beat any dealer on the road price ! Q

Comment

Yes, I do have a strange name. It's from a quote from Metal Gear Solid, my favourite videogame series. Anyone who hasn't played it is really missing out on something good. Anyway, thank you for the welcome Q Ball, I'll enjoy myself around the forum.

Comment

You didn't say how old you are.

We run an under-18 scratch league from 11-1 every Saturday followed by the 20-week £1,000 Under-21 Roll-Up. This is a handicapped best-of-five knockout with a best-of-three Plate. It is quite a high standard and has a maximum handicap. If you check out the reports and rankings on juniorsnooker.com you will see what you are up against.

On Thursday nights at 7.30 and Sundays at 6.30 we have the £2,500 Senior Roll-Up. This is a best-of-three handicap KO with a single frame Plate. All entry money is returned in prizes and the top money winner over all 102 comps pockets a £1,000. The next five share £1,500.

I am a World Snooker coach and could assist if required. There are many top juniors at our club and we can always find a practice match for any standard of player.

The club-boss Jim Everett can be contacted on 023 8025 4834.

Comment

Welcome to our forum! Have fun!
                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Welcome to TSF, Scissors61.

A mini question here. Why scissors? & Why 61?? (Are those 2 questions??)(Holy S***!!! 3 questions!)

Highest break of 43 is good!
                  I am sure you will enjoy here on TSF.
                  Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Again, thank you missneworleans and Ranen. The name comes from Metal Gear Solid 2, in my opinion, one of the best videogames in the world. I can give you the whole quote if you like, but it's quite random and confusing.
                    I'm 16 by the way, Snookerdad, would the tournaments all be open to me?
                    The 43 was in a practice frame, actually, my highest against anyone is 28. I'll have a look at the site you gave later, but I'm not too hopeful after seeing the standard of some of the younger players, like Michael White. Three centuries in a best of nine is insane. I'd love to play against someone better on a regular basis. Know a guy about my standard, but he's not around much. Anyway, I'll have a look at the site and see what there is. Any help on technique and stuff would be great.

Comment

Hi Scissors61 welcome to TSF

Metal gear solid is one of my favorites too, ive completed all 3 games on ps, and ps2.. Snake eater was my favorite but it took me ages to kill that old guy with the beard in the woods,he was sniping me but i could never see him, i eventually found him snoring by a tree after over a week of trying

Comment

Yes, 16 is good. You could start at 11 with the U18s and stay on for the U21s.

Sadly, Michael White is not a menber at Chandler's Ford although there are some good youngsters there.

Any help on technique can only be given face-to-face at a table as everyone is different.

Tim Dunkley

Comment

I had a look at the site. You've got some good players there. I'm pretty sure I'd lose every match to start with, but I'd love to give it a go. I'll give the club manager a call. Might be a bit difficult to get there though as my parents don't have a car and the train will be expensive. I'd really like to do it though.
                          By the way Marc, it's good to see a fellow Mgs fan. I play the games way too much and can beat the old guy in just over a minute. I've got a couple of world records too and know just about all there is to know. So any help or advice you want, just ask me.

Comment

Working...
                          X