Hello from (near) Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from (near) Glasgow

Hi all, have been browsing here for a little while just thought I'd introduce myself. I have recently decided to take up playing snooker having watched and appreciated it for years, always just opted to play pool. Been enjoying it a lot and would like to buy my own cue so that i know exactly what I'm playing with each game rather than taking a different cue from the rack and hopefully get a bit of consistency. Have been playing in my local Rileys (3 hours for £15) I only know of a few social clubs with tables but it's more of a clique in these places. I've set myself a budget of about £100 for a cue and a further £40-50 to pick up a case and extensions (if possible). Just looking for a classic ash shaft with nice chevrons and ebony butt (no frills). 9.25-9.5 tip, 58" length and around 18oz weight. Pretty much a bog standard set up.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Bvzxl.

Where exactly is "near" Glasgow.

Comment

A smaller town called Greenock. Always just easier telling people near Glasgow lol.

Comment

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I'm sure James Butters is based in Scotland, I bought a lovely cue from his last year for £160. I got in touch with him through facebook, not sure if you're on there but he's definitely worth a look.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Hi mate a stay outside Glasgow in East Kilbride you coud check gumtree for cues or speak to adr or Ritchie at MAC cues in Glasgow see if he has eny for sale or get one made of him
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/s...ase/1236826178 try this
              Current playing cue Trevor White
              3/4 ash cue

Comment

Cheers for the positive responses, just had a look at some of james butters cues on Facebook and I must say they are very nice. I have seen ADR147 cues on eBay which also look very nice. I'll have a wee look at mac cues also.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bvzxl View Post
                  Cheers for the positive responses, just had a look at some of james butters cues on Facebook and I must say they are very nice. I have seen ADR147 cues on eBay which also look very nice. I'll have a wee look at mac cues also.
                  All of the above is a great shout . I meant richy of MAC cues recently . Very helpfull guy

Comment

Working...
                  X