UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

His technique reminds me of a well oiled machine which when it has a malfunction has a tendency to go haywire and he starts missing loads .
    Not much natural flair or ability but still a mainly technically sound player. It’s when the pressure is on and you need a bit more than than just good technique and something a bit more out of the box I find he is wanting. It’s that bit extra that the top boys have that Wilson doesn’t at the moment.
    He is still above most players on the tour and his positional play has improved over the last couple of seasons.
    Yeh, absolutely agree and that's why I don't see him becoming world champ next year unless that changes which doesn't seem likely. His time is now, as he's almost 30 now and there's a hungry young pack behind him. I feel like he computes speed rather than using any feel to compile his high breaks.

As we see time and again in amongst the drama of longer matches there are pivotal frames where situations arise requiring feel to make a shot and as you say sometimes a malfunction occurs with Wilson and it can look quite bad when he miss times one and bangs across it, which can't do the confidence much good. He gets away with that against less experienced players as long as he keeps getting chances.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yeh, absolutely agree and that's why I don't see him becoming world champ next year unless that changes which doesn't seem likely. His time is now, as he's almost 30 now and there's a hungry young pack behind him. I feel like he computes speed rather than using any feel to compile his high breaks.

As we see time and again in amongst the drama of longer matches there are pivotal frames where situations arise requiring feel to make a shot and as you say sometimes a malfunction occurs with Wilson and it can look quite bad when he miss times one and bangs across it, which can't do the confidence much good. He gets away with that against less experienced players as long as he keeps getting chances.
      I agree although I can see him winning more tournaments once the older guys start to wain more . He might get lucky with a good draw in one of the Worlds. Once the class of 92 aren’t competing for titles anymore he might have a better chance . As you say though he had better hurry up especially given the inevitable dominance from the Chinese at some point in the near future
      Im pretty sure he would have played with more flair and less calculated when he was a youngster but that’s been coached out of him which is a shame.

Comment

• BBC for me today, I can't be doing with Dominic Dale's helium voice.
        Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• Somebody give Dave Gilbert a colt and a stetson pls.
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• DQOAMR6X0AEXyJC.jpg
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
              Somebody give Dave Gilbert a colt and a stetson pls.
              I hear he's eventually decided to do something about his teeth.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

I hear he's eventually decided to do something about his teeth.

Yeah, obviously he lost quite a bit of weight because "it's too painful to eat wearing those braces"... when you get bullied into medically nonsensical treatments by your teenage instagram daughter. Brave new world
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Why aren't the timings of round 4 out yet?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                    Why aren't the timings of round 4 out yet?
                    http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1130#r10

Comment

• Thanks. Have they mentioned the match times somewhere too?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Thanks. Have they mentioned the match times somewhere too?
                        can't see anything , and its only the second biggest ranking event of the season

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Yeah, obviously he lost quite a bit of weight because "it's too painful to eat wearing those braces"... when you get bullied into medically nonsensical treatments by your teenage instagram daughter. Brave new world
                          your enhancement of the internet snooker scene knows no bounds ( thumbs - up )

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

your enhancement of the internet snooker scene knows no bounds ( thumbs - up )

I'm just the messenger, so aim low, cowboy... oh, you already did. Nice shot then.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Well played, Matthew. So this is gonna be Ronnie's 8th UK, I guess...?
                              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Great performance from Selt, and I thought he accepted his win very gracefully. Must be almost difficult not to fist pump it up too much after a win like that.

in doing that he’s made himself look as though he deserves to be there and I think he does.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X