No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to have to have a word with the planners cause they scheduled both Ronnie and Luca's matches while i had to work!
    So inconsiderate of them.

Sorry to see Ronnie out, so glad Luca is in.
    Forgive me my famdom but i am Belgian and know him well

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
      I'm going to have to have a word with the planners cause they scheduled both Ronnie and Luca's matches while i had to work!

When he's on it he's a fantastic player to watch.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
        he was the victim of luck twice in the ninth frame with o sullivan missing a red by a mile and landing safe on the pack and then the unlucky split of the reds and again the unlucky split in the tenth frame , and he was better today than brecel i thought.
        Didn't see much of Brecel's match, unfortunately. But yeah, the pressure is definitely on for all the remaining players now. I count just 4 titles between them outside of the short format, and none of them have ever won an event close to the stature of the UK Championship. If someone like Robertson or Trump was still in the tournament, I think they could have won easily from here. O'Sullivan as well, most likely. But now I think we might see some tense snooker tonight and over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
          I'm going to have to have a word with the planners cause they scheduled both Ronnie and Luca's matches while i had to work!

glad for you , did you ever take the bruges tour ? looks great , all of those windows , definitely on my to do list

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

glad for you , did you ever take the bruges tour ? looks great , all of those windows , definitely on my to do list

erm no, funny how you never do tourism stuff if it's close by, i live about 10 minute drive from bruges.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              A fine display of bottling it under pressure from both players really, but a nice break from Wilson in the end. I don't know... He is comfortably the highest seed remaining, but if he is going to be this nervy over the weekend, things could be tough for him. Especially when you have players like Brecel and Lisowski who seem to get through the rounds without expending as much mental energy as Wilson.
              Yes I agree, I think he only barely deserved that win.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• What can I say. I'm heart broken. Well played Kyren.

Comment

• Just a great match to watch I thought, so much heart and spirit involved from both players. Kyren played really well and held his nerve well at the end while Ronnie proved he still has balls of steel and terrific cueing. Some of those reds he potted but was unlucky not to get good on a colour was amazing viewing. And the cut back green with check side, well what can I say just magnificent pots in that situation.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

Didn't see much of Brecel's match, unfortunately. But yeah, the pressure is definitely on for all the remaining players now. I count just 4 titles between them outside of the short format, and none of them have ever won an event close to the stature of the UK Championship. If someone like Robertson or Trump was still in the tournament, I think they could have won easily from here. O'Sullivan as well, most likely. But now I think we might see some tense snooker tonight and over the weekend.
                    i don't know wilson is quite a long in the tooth top player now and beat robertson in the 2021 world championship , not sure if he's too bothered about events stature as opposed to simply the quality of his opponents play , murphy's comeback in the crucible semi final is nothing to be ashamed about or any reason to discount his chances of winning if robertson or trump was still in it , and he beat trump in the 2020 world championship too.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how Wilson will start against Brecel. Will he feel free now that he has beaten Ronnie O'Sullivan or will he now feel the burden of being the favourite for the title. A few balls aside I actually thought he held his nerves quite well against O'Sullivan and I pick him to also beat Brecel. He certainly should have tactical advantages and Wilson scores pretty good this week as well. But of course who knows if nerves kick in.

As for this evening I expect Lisowski to beat Zhao.
                      Hawkins is the favourite against Hicks, but if this stays close, I can see Hicks edging it out again, maybe in the fifth decider in a row.

Comment

• What I mean is that, when someone like Trump finds himself at the business end of a tournament and all the other prolific winners are already out, I feel confident that he will go on to win the title. There's a few players like that around, but not that many in total. Whereas Wilson... Even if he does go on to win the title, which is of course quite a realistic possibility, I think it will be hard work.

Comment

• I'm with Ronnie about the movement and noise from the other table, he sat down and waited for it to finish and switched back on again. Why the audience couldn't simply switch their attention to the other table instead of rushing to the bar for their desperately needed pint (and henceforth pee) is beyond me. No alcohol sales at the venue should be the norm, bloody stuff is the bane of society, ban alcohol and legalise pot

Great match btw, came down to the run of the balls in the end, can't win without it.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            I'm with Ronnie about the movement and noise from the other table, he sat down and waited for it to finish and switched back on again. Why the audience couldn't simply switch their attention to the other table instead of rushing to the bar for their desperately needed pint (and henceforth pee) is beyond me. No alcohol sales at the venue should be the norm, bloody stuff is the bane of society, ban alcohol and legalise pot

Great match btw, came down to the run of the balls in the end, can't win without it.
                            Nothing worse than being stuck somewhere when I need the toilet so if I was at a match I would definitely avoid the pints so I'm not constantly queuing up for the toilet. Always handy knowing where the disabled toilets are or even nipping to a restaurant nearby which could be quicker than waiting for the toilets at the venue.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Great start from Jack, this is going to be fast n furious I think, hold on to your hats folks!!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• All lefties tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X