No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie wins 6 - 2, no surprise there, Williams sounded like he'd already lost in his pre-match interview. Whitewash for Jones.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Yan with his back to the wall right now, trailing 2-5.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        I’ve lodged my distaste for the new score banner / graphics, and I’m urging others to do the same.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/commen...Your%20comment
        I’ve done the same, thanks for the link, was nice and easy to leave feedback and no need to provide personal details.

that feckin banner must go!! It’s awful. To think someone probably got paid for that!!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Can we see a screenshot?

Comment

Does anyone know if BBC snooker still accept old fashioned emails, and what the address is? I don’t have any social media accounts but I need to plead with them to go back to the old style score banner... you know, the one that’s served them perfectly well for the last 30+ years!
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/comments
            you can choose between Submit a Comment or Submit a Complaint

oops I see I am slow to the draw again
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              Can we see a screenshot?
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Thank you.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  Thank you.
                  Not sure the photo shows how annoying it is, the fact that it’s permanently there obscuring the bottom rail is what makes it so distracting though.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Wollaston beats Yan Bingtao 6-3.

Of course Wollaston is a fine player and the top players can lose the odd match to him, but Yan still loses to many of them, showing his consistency is still lacking.
                    Last edited by JimMalone; 27 November 2021, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Ronnie played well and Williams gave him a good game unlike Jak Jones who was hitting every shot thin and paid the price against Kyren, needs to sort out his stance as it looks like he's cueing across the line. The BBC score banner didn't bother me, didn't really notice it to be honest.
                      What bothered me was Shaun being diplomatically nice about his outburst, cringeworthy, and he's in the BBC studio for the rest of the week, oh dear Loved Ronnie's reaction to it, lol, don't think Shaun is his favourite person on the tour
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I’m sure Shaun Murphy is a bible basher too ,I know he likes keeping in with the governing body ,he comes over well but I get the impression he’s not popular with other players .Yeah his interview this afternoon was cringeworthy ,he should have apologised properly and not skirt round the issue like he was right .

Comment

• I like Akani a lot, but was that request just now, to clean the cue ball, not incredibly suspicious?? He finished leaning up against the black, unsure if he could get to the potting angle of a red, and he asks for the white to be cleaned?
                          Last edited by Billy; 27 November 2021, 08:13 PM.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I like Akani a lot, but was that request just now, to clean the cue ball, not incredibly suspicious?? He finished leaning up against the black, unsure if he could get to the potting angle of a red, and he asks for the white to be cleaned? Mmmm.
                            Lolz Rob Spencer was having none of it!! Yeh a bit disappointing him asking in that situation.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I’ve seen a few players doing that and rightly so the ref has said no ,it’s trying to gain an advantage and I’m sure that was the case again tonight .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Lolz Rob Spencer was having none of it!! Yeh a bit disappointing him asking in that situation.
                                It’s all well and good if the cue ball physically can’t be accessed by the ref, such as in this case, but when a player is simply snookered on the ball they desire, but only by fractions, the ref will always clean the ball if asked, thus allowing a possible advantage to be gained. Of course a good ref will check the path before cleaning, and make his own decision as to whether they can get through or not.

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                                I’ve seen a few players doing that and rightly so the ref has said no ,it’s trying to gain an advantage and I’m sure that was the case again tonight .
                                I must confess, I’ve never seen a ref refuse to clean the white, if it’s accessible, on the grounds it may allow a path through to a ball that wasn’t previously available.
                                Last edited by Billy; 27 November 2021, 08:33 PM.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X