UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I really like Anthony Hamilton, he's one of my all time favourite players, so when I say this, I say it as a friend. Anthony, loose the scraggly patchy wire wool look, buy yourself a hair trimmer for 30 quid from Amazon and use it. It's liberating, you will not regret it, I promise.

-
    i've met him a few times in the whetstone club when i used to play , he was alright , if i was a pro i don't think i'd go in clubs that much as there's so many tournaments on now they get enough good condition practice , and paid at it , from the tour itself but each to their own of course.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      I really like Anthony Hamilton, he's one of my all time favourite players, so when I say this, I say it as a friend. Anthony, loose the scraggly patchy wire wool look, buy yourself a hair trimmer for 30 quid from Amazon and use it. It's liberating, you will not regret it, I promise.

-
      I have thought the same myself but kinda feel Anthony is a little excentric and the mad professor look sort of suits him?
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I have thought the same myself but kinda feel Anthony is a little excentric and the mad professor look sort of suits him?
        Yeah but, no.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Selby being dominated.

Comment

• Selby 3 - 0 down. Vafaei has that look, of a man who knows he's going to be world champion one day. I'm not saying he will be, but I believe he believes he will. Love it. He's even been working on his Ronnie face.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Excellent play from Vafaei to go 4 - 0. Selby looked like he was chewing feathers when Vafaei fluked that last red.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Vafaei beat Ronnie 5-0 in the German Qualifiers in Oct
                Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy, Practice, Learn, Improve, Enjoy :snooker:

Comment

• I think that win against Ronnie did him the world of good. He clearly has the ability and now looks to have the confidence too. Dominated Selby in safety too, which you don't see often!

Comment

• Originally Posted by 147Jim View Post
                    Vafaei beat Ronnie 5-0 in the German Qualifiers in Oct
                    I watched that, Ronnie wasn't trying, it was one of those Ronnie matches that he had no interest in winning or even competing in.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Ouch!! That’s gotta hurt!
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I watched that, Ronnie wasn't trying, it was one of those Ronnie matches that he had no interest in winning or even competing in.
                        I wish people would stop that nonsense about Ronnie not trying. If he wouldn't want to play he wouldn't. And if he plays he wants to win. Another thing is that he might stop trying if he is 0-3 down at some point, which is a bad habit and a sign of mental weakness for many players.

What a fluke from Vafaei to win the match. He can play so well, so it's not such a shock he beats Selby. What he still lacks though and which is one of the most important factors to separate the elite from the very good players is consistency. Will be interesting to see over the next couple of yours if he can make that next step.

Comment

• Eventhough Vafaei deserved to win. I think this match will be remembered for the fluked black.

Comment

• I think Hamilton’s address is one of the most fragile looking in the game. The bridge is overlong and consequently so are his wiggles. They also seem too fast.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              I think Hamilton’s address is one of the most fragile looking in the game. The bridge is overlong and consequently so are his wiggles. They also seem too fast.
                              Well, there's also some evidence for it. Remember how he feathered the cueball in the decider of the semifinal at the Northern Ireland Open against Barry Hawkins and lost the match?

Comment

• That was great, I really thought we were in for a long night. When he turns it on, Vafaei's a handful for anyone. I like that he takes a tricky pot on instead of having the balls replaced after a miss.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X