UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I think Murphy's comments are idiotic and mean-spirited. Good to see him out of the tournament.

Here's hoping Robertson and Williams go out at the next time of asking as well.
    The trio are out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Well, there's also some evidence for it. Remember how he feathered the cueball in the decider of the semifinal at the Northern Ireland Open against Barry Hawkins and lost the match?
      I don’t, no, but it doesn’t surprise me. It’s like a fancy car with too many gadgets; it’s just more things that can go wrong.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

The trio are out.
        And what a great win for Anthony Hamilton, superb comeback. Really enjoyed today's matches.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Great result from Anthony , don’t often get to see my favourite player on TV . Watched the whole match , he dug deep from 3 nil down .

me personally.......love the scruffy look . It makes him who he is .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            That was great, I really thought we were in for a long night. When he turns it on, Vafaei's a handful for anyone. I like that he takes a tricky pot on instead of having the balls replaced after a miss.

-
            I noted that too, the red was missable and it would have been much less risky to sit down and tell Selby to repeat the previous shot (which was tricky) but Vafaei took the risk and went ahead: it was not only a sign of quality and confidence, it was also sending a message to the opponent (...even if you are the World champion, I am taking this on). Well done Hossein!

Comment

• Yay. And still just about enough top players left to make it a decent business end of the tournament.

Comment

• Dave Gilbert V Mark Allen should be good . I hope Vafaei goes very deep

Comment

• I wonder if SD will be showing up at some point? He’s doing those player analysis things with SH, which appear to be new, but of course they’ll have been pre-recorded. No Hazel, no JV, no SD, DT in his final season... I don’t like all this change.
                  Last edited by Billy; 29 November 2021, 08:19 AM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Quote not working , reply to Billy post no. 203

For me the bbc is completely irrelevant immaterial and inconsequential to snooker and the fact that two of its team for the immediate future hendry and murphy are so arrogant and disrespectful towards lower ranked players shines a light on their incompetent presentation of the game for years and the sooner its contract is up for negotiation and hopefully severed the better.
                    Last edited by trains; 29 November 2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

I wish people would stop that nonsense about Ronnie not trying. If he wouldn't want to play he wouldn't. And if he plays he wants to win. Another thing is that he might stop trying if he is 0-3 down at some point, which is a bad habit and a sign of mental weakness for many players.

What a fluke from Vafaei to win the match. He can play so well, so it's not such a shock he beats Selby. What he still lacks though and which is one of the most important factors to separate the elite from the very good players is consistency. Will be interesting to see over the next couple of yours if he can make that next step.
                      I've watched Ronnie not try in loads of matches, qualifiers for tournaments that he has no interest in, during that match he went for every ridiculous shot and smashed the balls all over the table, it. Was so obvious he wasn't interested.
                      Flat out, or not bothered ?
                      https://youtu.be/nifWklXWEDU
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 29 November 2021, 09:37 AM.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Ding drops out of the top 16.

Comment

Ding drops out of the top 16.
                          The previous time this happened to him it fueled him to one of his best, maybe his best playing period, reaching the 2016 World Final and 2017 semifinal as well winning two other big tournaments. I really would hope he finds this motivation again.

Comment

Ding drops out of the top 16.
                            Thats good lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                              Thats good lol
                              He’s looking a bit washed-up now is poor Ding. That twitchy eye thing drives me mental

Comment

• Good result for Vafaei ,he played really well ,and quick too ,Selby had no chance to settle .I'm pleased Chris (right said Fred ) Walklen went out ,playing ultra slow to throw Trump off ,didn't work so off home .

Comment

Working...
                                X