UK Championship 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Players like Un-Nooh, Noppon etc play Ronnie's stature more than the game itself.
    Yeah so it seems. Even if Ronnie conceded the match, I think Noppon would still find a way to lose it.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I have a confession to make. I do not like to watch Ronnie playing the game like he has played today and in his last match. I prefer him going full on and winning tourneys. Making more one frame visits. But I understand, his eyes are on the title which is why he is playing this way.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah so it seems. Even if Ronnie conceded the match, I think Noppon would still find a way to lose it.

-
        Haha I totally get that feeling.

Comment

• Ugh hearing Ronnie afterwards just now talking to the boys in the studio makes me crinch. That same old rubbish about not caring, it's just a hobby, oh I played so bad I'd rather just give up. Blah...humbug.

Comment

• Ronnie disgusted at the way he played ,I would love to be as disgustingly bad as him

Comment

• Hi daffie, I didn't put myself through it. Phew.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                I have a confession to make. I do not like to watch Ronnie playing the game like he has played today and in his last match. I prefer him going full on and winning tourneys. Making more one frame visits. But I understand, his eyes are on the title which is why he is playing this way.
                Ronnie is not the player he was and has been deteriorating for a couple of years ,sure he may have purple patch’s when re reels of 3 tons in a row , but he can’t play like he did 10 years ago .Ronnie’s game has been that good over the years his currant standard is still good enough to win tournaments even maybe with his B game ,but the cracks are definitely there now .

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Ugh hearing Ronnie afterwards just now talking to the boys in the studio makes me crinch. That same old rubbish about not caring, it's just a hobby, oh I played so bad I'd rather just give up. Blah...humbug.
                  i have a little theory about pro sports that in most cases the last person or people to interview after an event are the pro's who are getting paid , they don't want to say anything to rock the boat , its still much the same in o sullivan's case its just that he doesn't want to be seen like that so its simply a smokescreen , i mean for example why would a premier league epl footballer on 100k a week jeopardise that income ? doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Ronnie is not the player he was and has been deteriorating for a couple of years ,sure he may have purple patch’s when re reels of 3 tons in a row , but he can’t play like he did 10 years ago .Ronnie’s game has been that good over the years his currant standard is still good enough to win tournaments even maybe with his B game ,but the cracks are definitely there now .
                    i remember his loss to graeme dott at the crucible what was it eleven years ago , 2010 ? i'd say he's actually harder to beat now , gives less away in safety exchanges.

edit he lost to selby then selby lost to dott.
                    Last edited by trains; 1 December 2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• From all I've seen up to this point, this year's UK is one of the poorer, quality of play wise, I have to say... so many mistakes and missed balls all over all matches.

Oh, and I can't stand that Eurosport UK presenter... he has no clue but he's seeing brilliance everywhere and is friends with everyone. Annoying. Grumpy geezer out
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        Hi daffie, I didn't put myself through it. Phew.

-
                        Hi Pat. Very sensible indeed.

Comment

• peter lines was playing in the q school a few months ago , just shows how important experience is , and strength of depth of the tour.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            peter lines was playing in the q school a few months ago , just shows how important experience is , and strength of depth of the tour.
                            I heard Rob Walker say that he is playing in the two table setup after 12 years. Experience never goes waste.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post

i remember his loss to graeme dott at the crucible what was it eleven years ago , 2010 ? i'd say he's actually harder to beat now , gives less away in safety exchanges.
                              True but his all round game is no where near what it was ,Ronnie would never miss as many easy balls as he does now ,sure his safety game is probably better .Ronnie’s been doing this at the top for 30 years ,interest goes somewhat combined with age and bouts of concentration lapses .I dont believe all the guff about it’s just a hobby and something to do rubbish ,he wants to win this title for sure .

Comment

• Sure easy balls are missed by Ronnie and every other player out there, however imo unless the ball is missed thin then it's not a cueing error par se, I always take the view it's just another strange contact of the mediocre balls used now.
                                Most pots missed these days are missed thick and atmospheric conditions need to be looked at before dissing players for missing easy balls. Blaming the chalk all the time is a cop out as well, both Ronnie and Judd have played fantastic snooker over the last few years without resorting to the magic chalk.

BTW John Parrot needs to be educated, he said the super crystalate balls he was using back in the day were heavier than the phenolic resin balls used now, unless he's in the know about the tour using premiers which would explain a lot.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X