2022 BetVictor European Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

No, probably not. I don't know what it is with Jack... so much talent, so little care. Frustrating.
    Happy-go-lucky-Jack, no fire in his belly.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
      disagree pb , not remotely a fan of lisowski i'm not sure i'd even bother to say hello to him in the street , you win some you lose some , i guess hugill needs the points too , nothing to see really.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

disagree pb , not remotely a fan of lisowski i'm not sure i'd even bother to say hello to him in the street , you win some you lose some , i guess hugill needs the points too , nothing to see really.
        You must admit trains, his shot selection can be, err, strange at times, but I suppose time will tell.

-
        Last edited by PatBlock; 21 February 2022, 10:56 PM.
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

-
          That’s a good description. Doesn’t have the determination and will too win as say, a Hendry or an Ebdon or a Selby and quite a few others. You need to scrape them off the table.

Comment

You must admit trains, his shot selection can be, err, strange at times, but I suppose time will tell.

-
            Bit of swings and roundabouts though i think , i was watching a match the other day where a player won a mini safety battle and then refused a not difficult red with the rest and went with a nothing safety shot extending the frame for another five minutes , kind of like no compunction to any audience and like he’s content with being ranked around 50th not creating any waves .

Lisowski is a good potter and break builder which goes a long way , probably not in his make - up to be like the above player , if there is a bit of strangeness in his shot selection maybe that helps keep him going , not being too predictable or too conservative.

Comment

Anyone know what the issue was in the Gilbert/Highfield match?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Anyone know what the issue was in the Gilbert/Highfield match?
                no idea , what did you hear then Dean

Comment

saw a video on Twitter, where Gilbert wins the decider, turns round to shake hands with Highfield - Highfield had already jumped out of his chair and going for his cue case to pack up and leave; Highfield does shake Gilbert's hand but obviously grudgingly and possible harshly. Gilbert then - by indication of his hand, palm up etc; obviously is saying something which happened earlier, Highfield does reply, Gilbert continues trying to explain something; then Highfield storms off.

Handbags maybe
                  I did not see the whole match. ESPlayer has a copy I think.

Comment

i see , that match wasn't streamed on bet365.

Comment

i see , that match wasn't streamed on bet365.
                      you are right, it is not on ESPlayer
                      one of the two tables per session not being streamed by the "official" partners

Comment

Lisowski by his own admission is slack and and lacks focus with out the required concentration ,he says he’s sick of it which means he is bothered ,which is a start .

Comment

well done Frazz with L64 win over Zhang Jiankang
                          will have either Louis Heathcote or Martin Gould in the L32

Comment

A nice win for Fraser Patrick , last 2 frames must have been very scrappy looking at the scores :

54 - 2 & 32 - 46 .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Zhang is definitely not intimidated by ROS. Should be a good match.

Comment

....i was watching a match the other day where a player won a mini safety battle and then refused a not difficult red with the rest and went with a nothing safety shot extending the frame for another five minutes ,
                                Was that by any chance Ben Wollaston in his Welsh Open Qualifier against Martin Gould, with a mid range pot into the top green pocket, but he played a safety to baulk instead? If so (or indeed if not ) I was quite surprised at that one.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X