2022 BetVictor European Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes but there will always be a point where it's difficult to draw the line. And to make the rule fair for all, it would have to apply to ALL flukes, which brings us back to my original point. Sorry trains, that's a -1 from me.

-
    but would it not be fair to say that the number of blatant flukes way outnumbers the number of very debatable flukes ? top of my head maybe that isnt saying much but i cant think of many very debatable flukes , i'm sure theres been plenty of very debatable flukes but surely its hugely outweighed by the much more blatant flukes , just swinging the fairness needle a bit better , not difficult really , but yes i get your point.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

but would it not be fair to say that the number of blatant flukes way outnumbers the number of very debatable flukes ? top of my head maybe that isnt saying much but i cant think of many very debatable flukes , i'm sure theres been plenty of very debatable flukes but surely its hugely outweighed by the much more blatant flukes , just swinging the fairness needle a bit better , not difficult really , but yes i get your point.
      What about the recent spate of potted snooker escapes, some say blatant fluke, others say played with that possibility in mind. It's just too subjective I think. But it's why we need nice long matches, to even out lady luck's wicked machinations.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

What about the recent spate of potted snooker escapes, some say blatant fluke, others say played with that possibility in mind. It's just too subjective I think. But it's why we need nice long matches, to even out lady luck's wicked machinations.

-
        probably both players , the ref and half the audience might have known if a pot was possible tracing the line of an attempted escape though , only where the fluke is beyond a doubt , i dont think the blatant flukes are that subjective tbf pb , a player can potentially cede say 48 points in missed snooker attempts and a lot may have been very decent attempts , it shouldnt be that hard to replace the balls to the detriment of the fluke beneficiary either , refs dont have to be automatons with the miss rule , then dont be automatons benefitting fluke beneficiaries either , there are blatant flukes without any subjectivity pb c'mon now .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          there are blatant flukes without any subjectivity pb c'mon now .
          Yes of course there are trains, but it's a slippery slope where a judgement call is going to have to be made sooner or later. The way it is atm is 'fair' or 'unfair' to everyone, we all have flukes every now and then, so it will even out over time. AFAIC the less intervention by the ref, the better. (Sorry Yan. )

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

I've been quite impressed by Fan Zhengyi's performances in this tournament, not seen much of him before but he's beat Kyren Wilson, Yan Bingtao and now Dave Gilbert to get to the semifinals. I like the way he plays, very positive shot selection. He was 4 - 0 up against Gilbert, Dave came back to make it 4 - 3 but he held his nerve to pinch the 8th frame and match by 3 points with some very nice positional play.
            Dott next for him and if he can maintain this form, I fancy him to make the final.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

If anyone doubts that Ronnie is the GOAT .......that 4th frame 74 clearance from 72 down was sheer brilliance .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

British Eurosport appear to be playing repeats of some Olympic winter games instead of a live semi-final of an event they have been covering all week?
                They use the Player as an excuse to keep their "number of hours" of coverage up, when in actuality the TV hours are going down and down
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                  If anyone doubts that Ronnie is the GOAT .......that 4th frame 74 clearance from 72 down was sheer brilliance .
                  when he came to the table, I said to my friend that if he does this it could be as good as the "Alex 67" (IIRC )
                  My friend said no way will he do it....

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                    i've just watched that on youtube , you act like you've never watched a snooker match before.

Comment

That black doesn't look to be on. Dott should not have played it.

Screenshot_20220226-185349_Eurosport.jpg

Comment

Are both semi finals tonight? Can't see this afternoon on telly?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bully Wee Villa View Post
                          Are both semi finals tonight? Can't see this afternoon on telly?
                          it is not on British Eurosport TV
                          only ES Player/betting sites/others....

Comment

Booo. That's a bit rubbish. Thanks for the response, though. Thought I was going mad.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              That black doesn't look to be on. Dott should not have played it.

Screenshot_20220226-185349_Eurosport.jpg

If the camera shifted to the left slightly, this might look totally different... camera angles on TV can be misleading and though the brown looks in the way, it's probably not.
                              I'm pretty sure if it wasn't on, Graeme wouldn't have played it, though it looks like a pretty thin cut to the right of the pocket.
                              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

If the camera shifted to the left slightly, this might look totally different... camera angles on TV can be misleading and though the brown looks in the way, it's probably not.
                                I'm pretty sure if it wasn't on, Graeme wouldn't have played it, though it looks like a pretty thin cut to the right of the pocket.
                                I've been fooled by camera angles before. I guess we could give Dott the benefit of doubt here.

Comment

Working...
                                X